Pakistan – Achar Gosht
by Muhammad Ibrahim
Achar gosht another delicious dish originates from subcontinent. Indians mostly don’t like to use vinegar in vegetables or in food. Instead of it they use pickles which are sour, spicy in taste and good in smell. The achar gave birth to the achar gosht.
Pakistan is the region where almost all peoples liked to eat chicken and spicy food achar gosht is one of them. In Punjab pickles are very popular and so that achar gosht is also such a VIP dish in this region.
Achar gosht is spicy in taste. It has thick gravy and u can eat it with chapatis. So without any delay I am going to share the yummy recipe of Pakistani achar gosht.
- Chicken ½ kg
- Onion 2-3
- Tomatoes 2
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Whole coriander 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala ½ teaspoons
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder ½ tablespoons
- Fenugreek seeds, Nigella, Feruled 1 tablespoon
- 4-5 green chilies lengthwise cut
- Pickle masla 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric ½ teaspoons
- Oil 1 cup
- Bay leaves 2-3
Method to prepare achar gosht
- First of all wash the chicken properly.
- Then marinate the chicken in yogurt for half hour.
- Then fry the sliced onion in oil and add ginger garlic paste chopped tomatoes, chili powder, salt, whole coriander, turmeric, Fenugreek seeds, Nigella, Feruled and bay leaves.
- Fry it for 2-3 minutes
- Then add the almost 1 table spoon masala of pickle and marinated chicken in it and add water 1-2 cups and leave it to cook.
- When chicken is properly cooked and water become dries then turn off the flame.
- Garnish it with green chilies.
- Serve and enjoy it
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!