Nigeria – Yam and Sweet Potatoes Stuffed Balls
by Verdzekov Bernard
At times, when you see some meals, you turn to think if they are fake or experiments, whereas the meal truly exist. Yam and sweet potatoes with stuffed balls is a delicious meal. There was a day prepared this meal at home during a small gathering. I prepared the meal together with some other simple dishes like rice with fried chicken and DG. It was the first time I prepared this to share with friends. So, when everyone was in, and the program started, when it came to (item 11), item 11 is a number phrase Cameroonians use to describe eating time in an occasion or party. So, when that time arrived, I got everyone saying, “So Bernard you can make scotched egg’’…. I just laughed and stayed quiet. When they started eating, they were like, wow, wow, wow what kind of scotched egg is this? I still stayed quiet. At the end, that was the only meal that was finish from the table. And some friends came to ask me how I did that. When I told them that they just ate a combination of cassava and sweet potatoes, they couldn’t believe. It sounded very funny, but they persisted to know how I did it.
This meal is a wonderful delicacy and you will also enjoy It. Just carefully follow the guide below;
- Sweet potatoes
- Scooched bonnet
- Bread crumps
- Green spice
- Boil your yams and potatoes
- After it is ready, put in bowl and mash well using a wooden spoon.
- Add your turmeric and salt to taste and mix well.
- Chop your onions and green spice.
- Add into the mashed potatoes and yams, mix well.
- Add egg and scooched bonnet, mixed well.
- Put your minced meat in a bowl. Add your black pepper, salt, maggi and garlics. Roll your mixed mashed potatoes and yams, create and hole in the middle and add your minced meat.
- Heat up your oil. Before frying, drop the ball in bread crumps roll. The bread crump will stick to the ball then you put in the oil and fry. When it is brawn remove and serve with ketchup.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!