Nepal – Yomari Steam Dumpling
by Shehroz Gill
It is a dumpling that is made in steam. It is the most famous dish of Nepal, so if you visit Nepal then you just go to the restaurant and first order the yomari. The word yamari has two meanings the first is ” ya” which means like and “Mari” which means bread. The main ingredient of this dish is white rice, it is made with the rice and turned into a unique shape, then we steamed it. Its delicious taste is love. You can’t imagine its taste, it is out of the world. This dish specially made on festivals and special occasions, every occasion is incomplete without this dish. its outer and inner filling is so delicious and tasty.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Fats: 7g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbs: 22g
- corn flour
- white flour
- cooking oil
- sesame seeds
- coconut oil
- For making yamari dough, take a bowl.
- add flour in it, water, and a pinch of salt.
- we have to knead the dough so add the water in it until its dough is settled.
- add 1 tbs of oil to it.
- take a pan, put water in it, and leave it over medium heat until it boiled.
- cut the molasses into the pieces and put this into the hot water.
- when the molasses melts, add all the dry fruits in it.
- add coconut oil, cashew nuts, almonds, peanuts.
- add rice flour, and leave it on low heat.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!