Nepal – Chatamari (Special Pizza of Nepal )
by Ananya Fatima
Nepal has its own pizza named ” Chatamari “, its name is like that this type of pizza is so spicy and tasty. It is not Pizza actually it just looks like pizza because the pizza bread is made at home, it is not pizza bread but a kind of and the toppings are different. The dough of bread and appearance of Chatamari is like pizza so most people thought that this is the Pizza of Nepal. But I can say that this is the Pizza of the home if you want to eat something like pizza at home which is very hygienic then you should try this at home by yourself. Chatamari’s topping included
These all are the topping main ingredients and it is up to you which one you like the most for your chatamari but if you want the exact taste of Chatamari then you should try all these ingredients at once. This is the unique Dish of Nepal because every dish of Nepal is kind of the same but this is like Fast food but not as much.
Most people do not like chicken or mutton etc, so it has a solution that you are not bounded to add chicken in your chatamari, it is up to you that if you don’t like chicken or else then you can use beef, mutton, chicken, buffalo meat, fish or any other kind of meat that you want.
This Chatamari dish is the Newari dish which is originated from Nepal but many other countries like this but they modify everything in it and present this with any other name.
- rice 1 cup
- onion 2
- tomatoes 1
- meat 1 kilogram
- coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- turmeric 1/2 tablespoon
- coriander leaves
- black pepper 1/2 tablespoon
- red chili powder 2 tablespoon
- salt 2 tablespoon
- garlic 3 cloves
- ginger 1 small piece
- soy sauce 2 tablespoon
- egg 2
- fresh vegetables
- Making the dough is easy so take a bowl to add flour in it with 1 tbs of salt and oil in it. by adding water knead the flour slowly and then after that leave it to settle down for an hour.
- Now after that take a pan and chopped onion and tomatoes.
- Put oil in the pan and add chopped onions and fry them until their color changes to brown.
- when color changes to brown add all the other spices and make masala.
- On the other hand, make chappati like pizza bread and put that masala as a filling in it.
- Fry the egg and serve with this.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 1 1/2 HOUR
SERVING: 6 PERSON
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!