by Ananya Fatima
Bara is a very unique dish of Nepal that you must like. This is actually a pancake which is made by the split pulses or rice. Most people think this is a pancake but no, it’s not a pancake, it just looks like a pancake because we made it in a pan and the structure is also like a pancake. This is what we called the main Newari food. This is actually the most eaten dish by the people of Nepal. the main ingredient of this food is lentils, we can’t make it without lentils. This is the “ STREET FOOD” of Nepal. every country has like these foods but they change their name and their ingredients, most of the dishes are the same as these but they remove lentils and add rice flour in it. The plus point of this dish is that every age of people like these foods, no one denies this food to eat ” bara “. Every festival, ceremonies like wedding ceremonies, parties, and religious events, all are incomplete without it. You can enjoy it in
- whenever you are craving
This is not the main dish, we can enjoy it as a side dish. this is a kind of snack that we can enjoy with tea, green tea, any kind of juice, shakes, etc. This is the easiest food to make at home, most people didn’t try foods at home because that is not easy but this is very easy and fast to make at home.
This dish is mostly famous in Nepal, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh.
Yo can use
- split pulses
- rice flour
- split pulses
- rice flour 5 tablespoon
- baking powder
- cumin seeds 1 tablespoon
- fenugreek seeds 1/2 tablespoon
- green chilies
- turmeric 1 tablespoon
- red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- onion 1 medium-sized
- tomatoes 1 medium-sized
- oil 1 cup
- soak the pulses in the water overnight so it could be soft and creamy when we make a paste.
- now, on the other hand, take a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl like turmeric, red chili powder, fenugreek seeds, baking powder, cumin seeds, etc.
- Gind all these ingrdients.
- heat the oil in a frypan.
- put a tablespoon full of the bara mixture in a frying pan.
- Deep fry until its color changes to a golden brown.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES