by Ananya Fatima
Aloo Tama is the combination of ” Potato and bamboo shoots “. Potato and bamboo shoots both are equally important for this dish and we can’t make it without both of them. It is actually a curry-type dish. Potato and bamboo shoots dipped in the curry of spices and have a great taste. This Nepali dish is recognized by the bamboo shoots in which bamboo shoots are very sour in taste. You can also add beans to it if you are a bean lover. By adding beans it gives a very unique taste.
This is the soupy dish that contains pickled bamboo shoots. You can enjoy this dish at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or anytime when you are craving it.
Every country tried this dish with their special ingredients but the taste of first origin country’s dish can’t be denied. Every country has its own taste some of them are very tasty but the actual dish which is the national cuisine is on number one dishes.
You can enjoy your dish by adding different more ingredients to it, like if you want your dish sourer then you can add lemon juice to it. Lemon juice makes your dish very sour and tasty. But if you want your dish full of spices then add more spice in it like red chili powder, black pepper, etc. It is all up to you which type of you want.
WHAT ARE BAMBOO SHOOTS
Bamboo shoots are actually related to the plant family which is like the grass. We can use it as a vegetable in our dishes. It is full of nutrients and very tasty to eat. It is actually coned shaped and very hard so we have to soak it and fry them so it gets softened.
You can serve this dish with
- Boiled rice
- red chili powder
- bamboo shoots
- black pepper
- cumin seeds
- fresh coriander
- The very first thing is to soften the beans by soaking them in the water overnight.
- Now for making masala, add oil to the pan.
- Chopped the onion and tomatoes.
- Add onions in the heated oil and fry them until their color changes to brown.
- When the onions are fried then add all the other spices in it.
- Add tomatoes in it, steam the potatoes so they get soft.
- Add bamboo shoots and all other spices to it.
- Now add water to it and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Your dish is ready to eat.