Madagascar – Coconut Makande Roast
by Breila Jack
Madagascar has a lot to give although it is just an Island, here is the amazing coconut Makande mix.
Makande is the mix of various grains and vegetables, such as maize and beans, ground nuts, pumpkins, eggs and meat.
It is among of traditional dishes to keep our food culture alive, let us prepare it.
Prepare the following
- immature maize and beans
- ground nuts
- 2 coconut packets
- Wash maize, beans and ground nuts to remove stone powder and other unwanted dirt materials.
- Cut Pumpkins into small sizes as you like, wash them too.
- Start to boil maize and ground nuts with plenty of water into it. Then add beans, oil and salt, keep boil for almost 10-15 minutes.
- Wash and cut meats into small parts, add into the pan together with pumpkins, keep boil.
- After 30-45 minutes add coconuts into the mix and keep boiling until nearly ready.
- Add eggs and boil for 13 minutes.
- After that time, check and taste if the food is ready, grains do differ from places, so some may take more time to get ready, otherwise our cuisine is ready for meal, enjoy with all family members, because that is where the real taste of food comes.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!