by Sheroz Gill
Har Gow is the special dim sum meal of dumpling, dumplings are covered with the light slim cover of white flour or maybe starch, it’s up to you to make it according to your ingredients. Dim sum meal is the special meal of Hong Kong, and it has many dishes in it so har gow is one of them. The filling of har gow is super tasty that is spicy as well as creamy to eat. You can make it with bamboo, shrimps, and pork fat, when you mix them together and add some spices and fill it in the dumpling, that must be crazy to eat. This har gow dumpling made in the small village of Hong Kong and modify by them by the passes of time.
Time flies but old and rare things are permanent to eat because their taste is delicious as before. Dumpling is actually made by rice, Rice is always the side dish. Har Gow is named as in the Chinese language, its actual name is shrimp dumpling. Most of the people compared the shrimp dumpling with sushi but it is a little bit different from it. It has a unique texture just like the chewing gum which has shone on it and like a shiny texture.
Shrimps dumplings are present all over the world but that does not taste like this, Har Gow has totally different taste as its name is also different. You can enjoy it at the breakfast, in the evening or in dinner as well.
- Wheat starch
- corn starch
- tapioca starch
- black pepper
- white pepper
- cumin seeds
- coriander powder
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
- First of all, we have to make dough because dough takes time to settle down.
- take a bowl, put all the flour or starch in it.
- now add 1 tbsp of oil in it, vegetable oil or sesame oil.
- put water in it, and knead it.
- knead it until its texture is smooth.
- leave it for an hour to settle down.
- now cut them in a dumpling shaped.
- For FILLING: cut all the things into pieces.
- shrimps, bamboos, and all that thing into pieces and mix them together by adding all the spices and your filling is ready.
- A bamboo steamer is necessary for the steam.
- steam it for 10 minutes and your dumpling is ready.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR AND 20 MINUTES
SERVING: 6 PEOPLE