Hong Kong (China) – Egg Tarts
by Shehroz Gill
Egg tart is a kind of sweet dish which is like a pudding or the custard which is made with the egg and served like a pastry. Like a cup cakes the pudding if custard which is very tasty and have many flavors which you like is up to you. Egg tarts are very special dish of Hong Kong which is famous all around the world also. Egg tarts are very special and easy to make at home because this is so simple if you know something about cooking then you should try this whenever you are craving, just try this out. The main ingredient of this Pastry is egg and butter, this is incomplete without egg because we made custard like with egg and butter then fulfill the dough with it and serve like the pastry.
Egg tarts are always present in every event of Hong Kong, we can say that every event and festival are incomplete without these egg tarts. Egg tats are the special sign of “LOVE” and a “GOOD NEWS“. Every event is tart and end with these egg tarts.
Most of the countries are like, Malaysia, Singapore and many other have taste like these but they use different ingredients but something like this.
This special Egg tarts are first introduce y the China but then famous all around the world.
- eggs 2
- sugar 3 tbs
- flour ( white )
- oil (vegetable ) 1 cup
- food color
- vanilla essence
- For making dough, you should take a bowl and add flour in it.
- after adding flour, put a tbs of oil in it and salt by slowly slowly adding water.
- knead it peacefully that it must be soft and then leave it for minimum 2 hour so it must be swell.
- now its a time for cooking custard of egg tarts.
- beat the eggs in the bowl and add sugar and all the other ingredients.
- beat them well so it must be soft smooth texture.
- put the custard in the dough and put this in the over and your egg tarts are ready.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 35MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
SERVING: 6 PEOPLE
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!