by Verdzekov Bernard
In Africa, we have very delicious meals that greatly participate to our growth and healthiness. That is because our meals are heavy, delicious, balance and nutritional. So many times, in occasions, I have witness men fight over food. Some scrambling for a particular dish they haven’t seen in a long time, some trying just to eat the delicious meal prepared in the occasion. Food is created by God to sustain humans and all living things on earth on earth. The animals have theirs, they plant have theirs, they insects have theirs and we humans have ours. We eat to leave and not leave to eat. Every home, every parent tries as much to provide food for his or her family. Without food, they children and even the parents may die or be malnourish. This may lead to greater complications and eventually death if the situation is not quickly ratified.
It is stated in the bible that, over eating is a sin(glutenin). Some meals if not all, are extremely delicious and someone may be tempted to eat more than what the stomach can carry.
The cuisine I am to write bellow is prepared in Guinea. Guinea is a west African country that is rich in culture and prepares a cuisine that is close to her neighbors. This country was formerly known as French Guinea. The country is often called Guinea-Conakry. This dish consists of fish, carrot, okra, eggplant. Fish is a normal traditional dish that is being eating across the Atlantic Ocean. The thick nature of the sauce during preparation is a normal characteristic of Guinea Conakry. Yétisse is a delicious meal. To be able to prepare this dish, follow guide below;
- Egg plant
- 5-6 onions
- Fresh ginger (1)
- Garlic gloves (4)
- Canned tomatoes (3) (processed tomatoes)
- Fresh Tomatoes (5)
- Palm oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Mutter and pestle
- Cassava roots
- Fresh pepper
- Blend your ginger and garlics
- Chop your onions and tomatoes and keep aside.
- The use of vegetable oil and palm gives your sauce a beautiful golden appearance.
- Slice your eggplants and process in a blender until It is smooth.
- Wash your rice and boil. When ready set aside.
- Okra is being used in some African dishes. They serve as a garnish and some times as the main component.
- Heat up your fish steaks in vegetable oil. When it Is brown remove and set aside.
- Using a bowl, turn your process tomatoes in it, with your blend pepper, maggi and chopped tomatoes. Stir well.
- Stand main cooking pot on the fire. Put in your palm oil. Allow it to heat up. Add your tomatoes mixture. Stir well.
- Boil your okra. 10min. when ready remove and crush with a mutter and pestle. Put aside.
- Add sliced carrot and cassava. Mix well. add about two mocks of water. Add fresh pepper and salt to taste.
- Allow for about 20-25min. check pot to make sure water doesn’t dry of. By 20 or 25min your content should be boiling. Open pot and check.
- Add your fish steaks and let it simmer for about 20min more. Reduce heat and allow so that it stays warm.
- Mix your cooked white rice with the smashed okra. Mix well.
- Serve with the mixed okra and boiled white rice with the sauce.
Enjoy and thank me latter.