By Verdzekov Bernard
They are so many dishes that are prepared in so many parts of the world that are same. When I say same, I mean in names or title or sometimes the process. They are many people on this site that own restaurants, some want to learn, others what to know the type of dishes that are found in the world. They are thousands of dishes eating by people in the world. Some don’t eat some, some eat some, some will eat all. The difference in cooking process is because, the world is made of people of different denomination, character, behavior and style. Each person is unique in their own way. A country like Cameroon that has so many tribes, the way a woman from Nso will cook vegetable, it will be different from the way a woman from Kom will prepared it.
How has this helped. This is instead positive particular to business people. Some may come across this site, and see so many cuisines written by people of different tribes. That person could go to a restaurant and say, I want Ghanaian Jollof rice. That may be funny, particularly if the restaurant is not in Ghana. But If that restaurant can provide what that customer has ask, that will be positive. So, people who own restaurant, may specialize in preparing just Achu, or in other cuisine, some can specialize in preparing just rice and tomato source. They will earn so much money from the customers that will love to eat what they cook. That goes same for all meals.
Ghanaian Jollof rice is what I am going to be writing on today. I had writing on jollof rice, but that was jollof rice prepared in the Cameroonian style. Preparing jollof rice in Ghana is slightly different. Take note not to get confuse.
- Vegetable oil
- Carrot and green beans.
- Vegetable stock
- Fresh thyme
- Salt to taste
- Curry powder
- White rice
- Dealing with tomatoes, you have to note that, if you don’t boil before you slice and blend, what so ever you are using the tomatoes to do, may sour after some time.
- Make sure you boil let the water from inside the tomatoes evaporates. Squeeze, slice and blend. After bending, keep aside.
- Kill, pluck, slice and fry your chicken using vegetable oil. This should be one of the first things you should do, to avoid time wastage and or being cut up with time. You can’t start the preparation when you haven’t done all this. it is either you will mess up at the end.
- Peel and blend your garlics and ginger.
- Slice your onions and keep aside.
- Slice carrot and green beans, boil with salt to taste and keep aside.
- Add your onions, garlics and ginger to the chicken in the pot. stir well. this is to help add taste to the chicken. Add only when you see chicken ready or almost ready. This is to prevent your onions from burning when you add in the pot.
- Add your carrot and green beans and fry. Add together with the carrot and green beans salty water. Stir very well for about 20sec continuously.
- Allow pot for 2min. After 2min, add your curry powder, tomatoes, thyme and stir well. Allow pot open for about 5-7min.
- Add your washed rice and stir.
- Add vegetable stock and stir.
- Add maggi and stir. Close pot and allow it for about 10min. Open and check, and make sure you adding water if the water in the pot dries off. After 25min of cooking time, your rice should be ready. Highest should be 30min, but I doubt.