Franch – Omelette
ABOUT THE DISH
Omelette is a historical breakfast dish which goes way back to date 1700’s . It is basically type of egg which is fried with some butter and oil. It has a filling inside of it which can be anything as desired by the person eating himself. It resembles with an scrambled egg but I assure you it is different from it and even better in taste. Now we all eat breakfast in the morning from eggs to cereals etc. But in France this dish to eat in the morning has become more of a tradition now. From the smaller eating places to the bigger restaurants everyone sell this dish and a huge amount of people eat it everyday.
Now people must think how small and easy dish like this could have a history but I assure you this dish has a great past. There is an urban legend which says that Napoleon Bonaparte and his army was once travelling and decided to take rest in a village. There a local cook made a dish for Napoleon which was an Omelette. The dish was so loved by him that he ordered people around to gather all the eggs in the village and asked for a bigger Omelette meal for all of its troop members. This dish became one of his favorites and due to that it has become and great part of French history.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE IT
- Eggs 2-4
- Butter 1 tablespoon
STEPS TO MAKE IT
- Take 2-4 eggs in a bowl
- Add salt in them for your own type of liking for good taste.
- Whisk the eggs and put it in the side for later use
- Take a pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter in it and let it melt in the whole pan
- Once the butter is melted put your egg mixture in the pan and constantly stir it.
- You will stir the egg along with shaking the pan until the egg gets a mushy visual
- By using a spatula we will start rolling the egg from the side to the other end which will make a perfect Omelette.
- Once rolling of it is done take some chives or any other garnish of your liking and sprinkle it over the egg for extra flavor and essence.
- The dish is completed you can serve it now with bread or any other thing you like.
- FINAL RESULT
A HEALTHY DISH?
Omelette merely depends on the person making it. If a person wants more protein and unhealthy approach he can add meat and other types of stuff in it but if a person wants to keep low profile on all of this he can always put more veggies in it to make it less harmful
- CALORIES 23
- FAT 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 47 mg
- Potassium 17.6 mg
- Sodium 23.3 mg
- Protein 1.6 g
- Vitamin A 1%
- Vitamin D 2%
POPULAR IN OTHER COUNTRIES
Omelette is loved everywhere in the whole world. Each country has its own way of making it as it adds an whole new dimension in its taste.
INDIA: In India people add coconut milk in making it.
INDONESIA: In Indonesia they add rice in their Omelletes which is totally different from any other country.
ITALY: People tend to add pasta and lots of cheese in it which is the true Omelette in my opinion.
These are the only few to be named as other countries also have their own spin on this dish
MY PERSONAL OPINION
If I had to rate this breakfast and recommend it to others I would firstly give it 10/10 and then tell people to make it at their homes firstly and see for yourself that how good this dish is. It is a healthy dish and is the perfect start to someone’s day. It doesn’t require much effort and the end result is impeccable. If you ever visit France please try their own version because it is there where this was first made.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!