France – Ratatouille
DISH’S INTRODUCTION / ORIGIN
Ratatouille is an classic French dish which originated in the city of Nice. It is a vegetable stew dish which is made by using different kinds of vegetables, cutting them into small slices and then baking them in the oven with a sauce underneath it as a base. This dish was always very famous but became so much more popular in 2007 when Pixar made an animated movie of the same name. After that everyone wanted to try this dish and it became like a celebrity in no time.
Before the movie even released Ratatouille was always famous in parts of France. This dish was basically made by farmers in the earlier times when their crops of vegetables ripened all at once and they needed to use them early. So they made this dish and soon it started to grow and people started to create different versions of it.
MEANING OF ITS NAME
Ratatouille is a French word and has different meanings when split up. Rata in French means “Stew” and Touille means “To Stir”.
INGREDIENTS TO PREPARE IT
- TOMATOES 3-4
- EGGPLANT 1-2
- ZUCCHINI 1-2
- YELLOW ZUCCHINI 1-2
INGREDIENTS TO PREPARE SAUCE
- RED PEPPERS
- YELLOW ZUCCHINI
STEPS TO MAKE IT
- Firstly finely cut the tomatoes into small slices
- Then using a slicer or any tool slice the eggplants
- Same step with the Zucchini
- And also for the yellow zucchini.
- You can cut these vegetables through a knife or you can use other slicing tools.
- After slicing these vegetable put them all aside and make the sauce
STEPS TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- Firstly take a pan and add some chopped onions in it.
- Then cut some red peppers and add it into the pan
- Take a pinch of salt and pepper, and sprinkle over the pan
- Use the leftover slices of vegetables used to make stew and add it into the pan
- Cook over medium heat and after some time add all the vegetables into an mixture blender
- Add some olive oil and some salt also in the blender
- Blend them and a sauce will be made
STEPS TO BAKE THE STEW WITH SAUCE
- Take a different pan and add your sauce into it spread it to make a base
- Add your slices of vegetables into the pan which you put aside early.
- Fill the whole pan and add some olive oil over it
- Add the baking sheet over it and put it into the oven
- Bake for 90 minutes at 150 degrees C
- Once ready take it out of the oven and present it beautifully.
- Your dish is made
- Calories 104
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 778.3 mg
- Potassium 549.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Vitamin A 90 %
- Vitamin C 187 %
Ratatouille is an exceptional dish to eat and it is good for your body as well. With no use of protein whatsoever in this means less fat and less cholesterol. All the different vegetables gives something to the human body and increases body growth and increases the brain functionality as well. So this dish is an great dish to make and taste.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!