by Fauzan Anandika
In Asia, Chinese culture has influenced many countries since they are great traders in the past. Chinese also become one of the largest country and the most populated in the world. Chinese people are also known as an immigrant in many countries. Now we can find Chinatown in every country like Amerika, England, Germany, and many other places.
Chinese people are also known for their creativity. Many inventors come from the Chinese, which made them one of the leading countries with America and Russia. In culinary, they have their spice that produces with a fermentation process. Chinese people have many kinds of tasty food that is already well known worldwide. One of them is Gong bao ji ding.
Gong bao ji ding is a chopped chicken seasoned with spice, soy sauce, and Chinese sauce. It uses big size chicken to make it easily chopped and serve with fried peanut and dried chili. It has a savory taste that suits different peoples. Gong bao ji ding cooked for the first time around 1920 – 1886. It cooked for a governor from Sichuan province. Gong bao ji ding has a spicy taste, so for those who don’t like the spicy taste, you can ask to reduce the chili.
Gong bao ji ding has some different versions of the dish. The first one is the Sichuan version, and then the Guizhou version, and the version Barat. The difference is about the spice that each version uses, but basically, it has a similar taste. To cook Gong bao Ji ding, you need to prepare all the ingredients, and fortunately, you can find it in the local market.
- 500 gram chicken breast, diced cut
- 1 white egg
- 2 tablespoons of Ang ciu, or can be substituted with apple vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking oil
Spice and seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 cm of ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of salty soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dried chilies, sliced and fry until crispy
- 10 grams of scallions, thin sliced
- Fried peanut without skin
Sesame garlic beans ingredient
- 200 gram of long bean
- 2 cm of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, crush and minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Sesame garlic preparation
- Wash clean all the long beans and cut the edge.
- Boil the long bean for 3 minutes.
- Sliced the ginger and add garlic.
- Heat the cooking oil in the frying pan.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the long bean, finely mix all with the spice. Cooked for 4 minutes.
- Add sesame seed, mix finely.
- Adjust the taste and place it on a serving plate.
How to cook
- Lubricate the chicken with acid, salt, cornstarch, and white eggs. Keep for 5 minutes.
- Fry the chicken with oil, and make sure the chicken sunken into the cooking oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Prepare another pan, add cooking oil, and heat up.
- Stir fry ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add sugar, rice vinegar, and salty soy sauce. Stir until finely mix.
- Add chicken, dried chili, and scallion. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add peanut and prepare warm rice.
- Gong bao ji ding is ready to be served with a side of sesame garlic green beans.