by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Yellow Fufu garri with Okro and red soup is a food cooked for children below ten years so as to permit them to chew easily and swallow without facing any difficulties. Yellow Fufu garri with Okro and red soup is very soft making it easy to chew and swallow. This is precisely the reason why most parents prepare this particular meal for their children. Moreover, it is not stressful to prepare the food. Despite the fact that it is good for children, even adults enjoy eating this meal because the taste is sweat and succulent in the mouth. The yellow fufu garri can be eaten without soup as well as the red soup. Everything about this meal is just nice. So it is a meal enjoyed by everyone in the family from the child to the adult. It is an enjoyment for the entire family. Yellow Fufu garri with Okro and red soup is cooked for lunch time, though it can also be eaten in the evening. Yellow Fufu garri with Okro and red soup is a meal coming from Cameroon. It is mostly and highly prepared in the Anglophone regions of Cameroon, The North West and the South West.
The cooking method of this delicious meal is stewing and boiling. The red soup is stewed, whereas the yellow fufu garri and okro are simply cooked by boiling.
- Five cups of yellow garri
- Three fresh green Okro
- Five tomatoes
- One onions
- Half kilo of Canda
- Maggi and salt
- Groundnut oil
- Leeks to boil the meat
Cooking process of the red soup
- Wash the meat
- Cut the meat into small parts
- Boil the meat for about thirty minutes
- Wash the canda, slice it and boil if for ten minutes
- When the meat, make sure to use leeks. Do not forget this, it should be in your list of items.
- Wash the onions and slice
- Wash the tomatoes and slice
- Wash the percil and cut
- Wash the celery and cut
- Wash the pepper and cut
- Remove the peelings of the garlics and the ginger
- Join them all and grind with a moulinex
- Put groundnut oil on fire.
- Wait for the groundnut oil to become hot
- When it becomes hot, pour the grind ingredients into the pot
- Stir the pot putting little bit of salt into it.
- Put the meat and the canda into the pot with a cup of water
- Allow the red soup on fire for about five minutes.
- Within the ending of five minutes, remove the food from fire.
Cooking process of the Okro
- Wash the okro.
- Slice the okro into small halves.
- Grind the Okro using the moulinex
- Later on, boil the okro putting just a pinch of salt into it.
- Let the Okro stay on fire for just five minutes.
- Within the five minutes when the time is about ending, remove from fire.
Cooking process of the Yellow fufu garri
- Put water on fire.
- Make sure the water is well boiled before removing it from fire.
- Reduce the amount of the boiled water
- When the water has boiled enough, put the garri into it.
- Stirring the garri in the pot, make sure to add little water into the garri as it becoming ready.
- The whole process last for ten minutes.