by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
White cabbage soup is a soup being prepared for curative reasons like the cleansing of the stomach for both adults and children especially for children who have complications in the stomach. It is very sweat in the mouth and very essential when it comes to mineral resources as it contains the majority of mineral resources present in the human body, in the blood. White cabbage is very good for the bone and the purification of the blood and the entire system in general. Moreover, the white cabbage is very good and secculent in the mouth and it is very easy to disgest. White cabbage soup is a meal originating from the North West region of Cameroon, precisely the Mankon locality. What is good about the white cabbage soup is that it can be eaten in the morning, afternoon and evening without having secondary problems or effects like stomach pain which occurs in the eating of other meals or cuisine. The watery soup coming from the white cabbage soup is being drank with a spoon, either big or small spoon. The size of the spoon does not matter in the degustation of the soup coming out from the white cabbage.
The cooking method of white cabbage soup is that of boiling and stewing
- One full white cabbage
- Two fresh onions
- One fresh tomato
- A glove of garlics
- A hand full of leeks
- A hand full of dry fish
- A hand full of crayfish
- A hand full of crevette
- Maggi to taste
- Maggi crevette to taste
- Salt to taste
- Half cub of groundnut oil
- Slice the white cabbage into small pieces
- Wash the white cabbage with the use of salt and small water
- Wash the white cabbage over and over for a period of ten minutes
- Wash the onions and slice
- Wash the tomatoes and slice
- Wash the leeks and chop into smaller parts
- Peel off the garlics and cut into very small pieces
- Clean the dry fish and cut into small parts
- Dry the crayfish under the sun for a period of one hour. If there is no sun, use the lid of the pot and place the crayfish on it then lid the fire and place the crayfish on it.
- Proceed to the cooking of the white cabbage soup
- Pour groundnut oil in a pot and place on fire
- Wait for the groundnut oil to steam
- When it does steam, throw in the tomatoes, garlics, leeks into the pot
- Wait for it to become ready in the oil
- After this, throw in the onions into the pot
- After this, throw in the cabbage into pot
- Pour into the pot, two cups of water and salt and maggi, then taste whether they are enough for it.
- If it is enough as desired, throw in the crayfish and the dryfish into the pot.
- Close the pot for a period of thirty minutes, checking from time to time to make sure that the food is ready and does not get burn in the process of preparation.
- When it is ready, remove the food from fire and serve unto a clean pot.
The white cabbage is eaten empy and the soup is being drank with a spoon.
Enjoy your meal.