Cameroon – Spaghetti
By Verdzekov Bernard
Spaghetti is a long, thin, solid, cylindrical pasta. It is one of the easiest meals to prepare yet some people don’t know how to get pass that. it is not because they weren’t born to cook but because, they don’t know those easy ways which they could use for preparing spaghetti or recipe for preparing the dish. Because of this, the food processing industry has tried to make it easy on those who don’t know how to prepare certain dishes by processing them and putting them in packs, such that once it is put in water it dissolves and becomes eatable, with the spices kept in this packs too. Example is the Indomie. Many have been affected when they take this as a habit of consuming this. Some have been affected with cancer and other appendicitis. Most by the working class and by students who don’t have time to prepare a proper dish or who don’t know how to.
In this article, after reading this, you will know how you can prepare a delicious spaghetti dish which you and your family can eat or your wife or husband eats after work. Or if you are living alone and after work you are tired of cooking something complex, spaghetti is the best you should go in for.
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 cups of water
- Pepper (optional)
- Tomatoes (4-5)
- Onions (1 bulb)
- Green spices
- Curry powder
- Meat or chicken.
- Slice tomatoes, onions and green spices and keep in a plate.
- If using meat boil. If chicken, fry. You could still use dry meat. Then keep it aside too. Make sure you keep the meat stock if you boil the meat. Make sure you cut the meat into small eatable slices.
- Break your spaghetti and leave it in a bowl. Put water in the pot and put on heat. When water is heated up after, 10 or 15min pour in your spaghetti in to the boiling water. NOTE: to prevent spaghetti from sticking to each other, pour a little bit of groundnut oil into the pot. This should be one or two cocks of g-oil.
- Leave the spaghetti for about 10 to 15min more after which you check to make sure it doesn’t get to ready or to soft. Remove when you know is soft and not strong. Put in a strainer and drain the water from it and keep aside.
- In same pot you used for boiling your spaghetti, or some other pot, put groundnut oil in it and allow it to get heated. Put tomatoes and fry for about 2-3min then you put your onions and fry too for about 2min. Put in your green spices then and fry too. Fry all together for about 2-3minuts more, put your maggi 3-4 and steer well.
- Add your meat to the pot and fry too. If you using chicken, turn into the pot and fry together with the other spices in the pot. The chicken should already be fried at the beginning of your cooking process before your turning it into the frying spices.
- After about 5min turn in your spaghetti into the pot and steer well making sure the spaghetti is touched in all corners by the source. Add your curry powder and steer well leaving it for about 5min while steering after every 2min to prevent the spaghetti from sticking to the pot.
- It is ready, serve with bread. (Your choice).
NOTE: Don’t boil water with spaghetti in it already. This may make the spaghetti to soft and not good for consumption or good just for 2yr old child. Boil water before putting in spaghetti in it.
The reason why oil is put in the spaghetti when boiling is because, spaghetti has that tendency for sticking together during the boiling process or after boiling. when this happens, steering the spaghetti during cooking process is so difficult. So to prevent that, add some g-oil into the boiling spaghetti.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!