Cameroon – Roasted Potatoes With Macaroni
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Roasted potatoes with macaroni is a local cuisine having the taste of roasted bread using a frying pan to bake the bread when it has slept for a night or two. Roasted potatoes with macaroni is a meal cooked for special occasions on Sundays to welcome Sunday visitors at home or have a family meal together. It takes time to be prepared, but once it has been prepared, it is very sweat in the mouth. The preparation can take up to three hours at most. Though it is generally between two and three hours. Roasted potatoes with macaroni is a meal coming from the Savanes of Cameroon, precisely in East part of the country. Though coming from here, it has spreaded to the other parts of the country, notably in the center and the Littoral.
There are three cooking methods used in the cooking of roasted potatoes with macaroni. The cooking methods are roasting, boiling and stewing.
- 1 quarter bucket of potatoes
- Five cups of red beans
- Four fresh tomatoes
- One fresh onions
- A hand full of celery
- A hand full of percil
- A glove of garlics
- A stem of ginger.
- 1 quarter chicken
- A packet of macaroni.
- Green beans
- 1 Litre of groundnut oil
- 2 Maggi cubes
- A spoon of salt
- Maggi crevette
- Peel off the irish potatoes.
- After peeling them off, put them inside a bowl of clean water.
- Wash the tomatoes, the onion and chop them together. Do not grind them, but chop them together.
- Wash the celery and the percil and chop them together.
- Remove the peelings of the garlics and the ginger.
- Wash them and cut them into very small pieces.
- Wash the chicken and cut into very small parts.
- Fry the chicken using groundnut oil.
- After preparing the ingredients.
- Boil the potatoes very subtly like for five minutes. After this, roast them one after the one making sure it does not stay on fire for up to 10 seconds.
- Boil the maraconi for about fifteen minutes.
- After boiling the macaroni, boil the red beans for about two hours.
- Pour the water far off.
- Having gathered all the ingredients together, put groundnut oil on fire.
- Allow the groundnut oil like for two minutes on fire.
- After two minutes, throw into the pot the chopped ingredients and stir like for two minutes.
- After two minutes, throw into the pot the boiled beans alongside the fried chicken.
- Stir the food on fire very well.
- After this, throw into the pot the boiled macaroni and put in maggi cube and maggi crevette with a pinch of salt.
- Taste the food making sure the taste is sufficient.
- Pour two cups of water and close the pot for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- After twenty minutes, the food is ready.
Enjoy your meal.
NB: Make sure to serve like in the picture so as to enjoy it best.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!