by Joella Eve
Roasted fish with mado’o is so much loved at the coastal part of Cameroon especially at Edea. In most spots, you can easily find places of roasted fish with mado’o when going out at night. Most Inns have two or three women roasting fish at the front of the Inn and they all succeed in selling their roasted fish with Mado’o since it is highly demanded by the people who drink in the Inns. The high demand of this food, roasted fish with mado’o is due to the fact that there is excess flow and consumption of alcohol so they people need something to eat when consuming their alcohol. They eat a very spicy roasted fish with mado’o so as to enjoy their quality time they are spending with their friend or among friends or family members. Roasted fish fish with mado’o is prepared in the Coastal areas of Cameroon in snackbars, Inns and gathering.
The cooking method used in cooking roasted fish with mado’o is roasting as the name is saying.
- Two fish of your type, which is any species of fish you will look to eat.
- Celery and percil
- To roast fish, you will like to eat, begin by cleaning it, then cutting the fish skin but not separating it.
- Slice the onions into very small portions
- The celery and percil should be grinded, but before, wash it before grinding.
- To roast the fish, use charcoal to roast the fish
- Wait for the charcoal to become hot, then using a grillage, roast the fish.
- Roast the fish and change from side to side so that no side should be left out when roasting so that you will not see yourself eating fish that is not totally ready.
- After roasting the fish, use the spices you grinded to spice your fish. You can spice your fish anyway you will want it to be, it all depends unto you.
- Use the Mado’o so as to eat the roasted fish with. You can wrap the mado’o around or you could still eat it in the way long as you bought it. Wrapping it round will make it easy for you to eat when eating the roasted fish alongside the mado’o.
Serve your roasted fish with mado’o and put the spices around the fish like in the picture below.
Enjoy your meal!