by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Pourrish fufu with lettuce and boiled fish is not a particular type of food. It is solely the combination of this food that makes it a particular type of meal. It is a meal that carries all the necessary nutrients good for the human body, from the lettuce that is a vegetable to the fish that contains proteins and less fats depending on the type of fish you are cooking. In our case, the fish that is being cooked is called thong fish. Thong is a highly consumable fish all around the world, no matter the nation or country geographical location. Eating tong fish is good because it is not a fatty type of fish making it an excellent combination with lettuce and pourrish fufu. Pourrish fuuf with lettuce and boiled fish is being prepared mostly in the locality of Ndé in Cameroon.
Since there are three types of combination, the cooking method cannot be the same for all the three. The pourrish fufu is cooked by boiling and pounding of the pourrish made off potatoes. As for the lettuce, it is simply washed and the fish is being boiled.
- Ten potatoes
- A bundle of fresh lettuce
- One thong fish
- The number one thing to do is to remove the peelings off the potatoes.
- After removing the peelings off the potatoes, wash then the potatoes with clean water.
- You can wash it for like three times.
- After washing the potatoes, proceed to the boiling of the potatoes.
- When the potatoes is ready, remove it from fire.
- The potatoes has to stay for like twenty minutes on fire for it to become soft.
- When it is soft enough, you can then pound the potatoes with the use of a pounding stick. The pounding stick has to be round at the end and very hard.
- When it is being done, you can remove from fire and serve unto a clean plate.
The next thing to do boil the fish. So as to boil the fish very well, you have to do the following things.
- Begin by cleaning the fish, then scaling in halves. Scaling the fish in half means separating the fish in two halves before cutting it in many parts.
- After doing so, you could then boil the fish.
- Make sure you are very cautious and careful when boiling the fish because if it stays longer on fire, the fish will be too soft. So the stay of the fish on fire should be well calculated.
- Five minutes on fire would be excellent for the fish to be ready well.
- The last thing to do will be the lettuce.
- Just cut the lettuce in the desired proportion you want.
- After doing so, simply wash the lettuce with clean water.
- This is all you will have to do.