Cameroon – Plantain Malaxé Jaune Avec Poison Frit
by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
Plantain malaxé jaune avec poison frit is the traditional meal of the Bami tribe cultural food. It is mostly cooked during important times like the birth of a newborn baby. The new born baby has to be welcomed in the best of ways by the parents of the child, the close family members and visitors who come by to see the child. The use of the yellow color in cooking plantain malaxé jaune avec poison frit is very symbolic in the eyes of the community. It is an opportunity of gathering between family members and an immense opportunity to share experiences among themselves and welcome the new born baby in the best of ways within the family. Plantain malaxé jaune avec poison frit finds its place from the Bami village in the Western plateau.
- A bundle of soft plantains. The plantains to be used are short in size.
- Yellow spices
- Three fresh tomatoes
- One fresh ginger
- One fresh onions
- A glove of garlics
- Half kilo of fresh fish.
- A cup of red oil.
- Groundnut oil to fry the fish
- Remove the peelings off the plantains.
- Make sure not to cut the plantains in halves. It shall be used in this manner.
- Wash the plantains, scrubbing out the hard part of the peelings of the plantains
- After washing the plantains, allow it in the bucket of water for like thirty minutes so that it becomes soft
- Wash the tomatoes, the celery, percil, and slice thme in small halves
- Remove the peelings off the ginger and cut in small parts
- Remove the peelings off the garlics and cut in small parts
- Using the moulinex, grind all of these together, putting a little amount of water when grinding these condiment
- Clean the fish and cut in three halves
- Pour groundnut oil in a frying pan so as to fry the fish
- After frying the fish, pour red oil in a clean soil
- Wait for the red oil to steam
- When it does steam, pour the grinded condiment and species in the hot pot of oil
- Stir the species on fire
- Wait for like two minutes
- Put a little bit of salt in the species on fire
- When it is hot enough, throw the plantains in the pot
- Putting salt and maggi in the same time, then a small quantity of water
- Three cups of water will be sufficient depending on the quantity of the plantains
- Close the pot for five minutes
- After forty five minutes, throw into the pot the fried
- fish and close the pot for about five minutes
- After five minutes, your food is ready
Bonne Degustation à Vous
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!