Cameroon – Pepperish Food With Onions and Compliment
by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
In our societies as well as our food menu, we adore and love pepper as much as we love food. Eating a plate without the use of pepper is something which is hard and difficult to come about when you see someone eating a Cameroonian. Either the pepper was cooked with the food at the same time or there is pepper around his food for him to use as he wants. Eating pepper is something good for the people until there exist even a meal called pepperish meal. It is a meal that contains much pepper in order to satisfy the desires and wanting for individuals who want to consume pepper in heavy quantity as if they are already addicted to pepper. In an another manner, they cannot do without pepper. Such a meal is then meant for them to satisfy them at the highest level. This is the reason of the cooking of this food, pepperish food with onions and compliment. Also the use of onions adds to the fact that they want just hot things for themselves. To eat of Pepperish food with onions and compliment come to Cameroon.
The cooking method of Pepperish food with Onions and compliment is frying.
- Half kilo of red pepper
- Groundnut oil
- Ripe plantains
- Salt and maggi
- Wash the red peppers, then boil the pepper.
- Wash the tomates, then slice
- Wash the onions, then slice
- Boil the meat.
- Fry the meat
- Put groundnut oil on fire
- Wait for the groundnut oil to steam. When it steams; put the grinded pepper, tomatoes and onions in it. Make it to be dry
- Put maggi and salt in the pepperish food.
- Then what follow is the boiling of the yams.
- Boil the yams making sure the fire under the pot is high.
- To boil the yams, start by removing its peelings. After removing its peelings wash, then boil.
- The last thing to do will be the frying of the ripe plantains. Frying ripe plantains does not demand you to be an expert in cooking. It is very simple and straightforward. If you have being able to fry the pepper, why not then the ripe plantains.
- Removing the peelings of the ripe plantains
- Slice the ripe plantains into small parts.
- Fry the ripe plantains using groundnut oil
- Fry the ripe plantains till you finish frying. Depending on the amount of ripe plantains you decide to fry, it will take you shorter time or longer time depending on the time you allocate for it and how fast you are. Cooking pepperish food with onions and compliment is good for people who love pepper and at times do not have the appetite to eat food, so this serves as a boaster for them to eat correctly any meal they want to eat.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!