by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Opeutah green leaves vegetables is a type of vegetables that has a sweat and watery taste in the mouth. What is remarkable about this green leaves is its watery nature. It contains so much water and it is well known the benefits of water to the human system like more potassium, sodium and other mineral resources. This is exactly what happens when you eat opeutah green leaves. Your body and the human system in general gains when consuming this remarkable type of vegetables. Opeutah is local village name coming from the West region of Cameroon which has the meaning of joy. This is why the name opeutah has been attributed to this green leaves because every time you eat of this vegetables, what is sure is that you will be joyfull.
Opeutah green leaves is being prepared by boiling and stewing.
- A bundle of green leaves
- Four fresh tomatoes
- One big onions
- A glove of garlics
- A cup of crayfish
- Green pepper
- White pepper
- Red pepper
Ingredients for seasoning
- Groundnut oil
- Maggi cube
- Maggi crevette
- Salt to taste
- Clean your green leaves thoroughly
- Cut it into smaller pieces
- Wash your green leaves like four to five times
- After washing it diligently, place in a clean dry bowl. Make sure not to pour water into it. Let it be dry.
- Start preparing the ingredients.
- Wash your tomatoes and slice into small sizes
- Clean the onions and slice into small sizes
- Wash the various peppers, that is the white pepper, red pepper, green pepper.
- Peel off the layers of the garlics and grind
- Peel off the layers of the ginger and grind
- Having prepared all these ingredients, go back to your vegetables
- Using a pot of water, boil your vegetables and then drain the water from it.
- Put groundnut oil on fire
- Since we are stewing the vegetables, throw in the ingredients one after the other.
- Put in a little bit of salt and maggi cube
- Wait for a period of one minute.
- After one minute of waiting, throw in the vegetables into the pot.
- Put in maggi crevette and salt at the same time simultanouesly. After this stir very well, mixing all the ingredients together.
- Close your pot and wait for a period of two minutes.
- After two minutes, pour in a cup or two cups of water into the food on fire.
- Allow the food on fire for about fifteen minutes, making sure to check the pot from time to time before the fifteen minutes elapses.
- After fifteen to twenty minutes on fire, your delicious opeutah green leaves is ready, the food that brings joy and happiness to your heart.
- Opeutah green leaves could be eaten with many things like cassavaaa or ripe plantains. Even with unripped plantains, it is still delicious.
- Depending on your choice, whether it is plantains or cassava, to cook it is very simple and easy.
- Simply peel off the layers of the plantains or the cassava, then cut into small sizes.
- After cutting, wash andplace on fire in a clean pot. Allow on fire for a duration of twenty to thirty minutes on fire. After this period, be sure that your plantains or cassava is ready to be eaten with Opeutah green leaves.
Enjoy your meal.