By Verdzekov Bernard
Njangsa source is a delicious soup that is usually eating with ripe plantains in Cameroon. This source is graded amongst the best source in Cameroon like tomatoe source (stew) and Mbongo Tchobi. The fish used in this soup is best boiled. But you can fry the fish as well if you like. To prepare this soup, see ingredients you need and steps below;
- Salt to taste
- Mbongo spices
- Grind cray fish
- Boiled fish
- Vegetable oil
- 5 cups of njangsa
- Take up your fresh fish, wash and remove gills and bile. Cut into half’s wash and keep aside.
- Slice tomatoes, clean your ginger and cut, with garlics, onions and Njangsa, put all in the blender, add half cup of water and blend.
- Boil your fish with salt, when it is ready, add blend ingredients to the pot with the boiled fish in it. Reduce heat to medium. Allow soup to heat up. Then you add your mbongo spices. This spice is to help increase the flavor of the Njangsa source.
- Allow pot for about 20-30min.
- Since the first onions used was blend with other ingredients, to make onions visible in the pot which has to be, fry some more with vegetable oil and add to the cooking source together with the oil. Do this within the space of 20-30min of cooking time.
Your source is ready. Serve with Boiled ripe plantains which is the best accompaniment to eat Njangsa source with.
Enjoy your Meal.