Cameroon – Ndop Mushroom Meat With Corn Fufu
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Ndop mushroom meat is a form of meat that replaces the meat from animals like cow meat, goat meat and monkey. The reason why mushroom is being used as meat is due to the fact that there is no direct access of meat for the inhabitants, so in return, they turn to use plants as their source of meat. This is particularly the case with the people of the Ndop division surroundings. They try to make the best out of the things they have at their disposal and that starts with the meat they eat, which is in the real sense, plant being considered as meat. The mushroom plant is being planted, then cultivated, then later on dried under the sun for it to become like meat. It is very juicive to the mouth when well prepared. It has no precised time to be eaten. It can be eaten in the morning, in the afternoon, as well as in the everning without any problem of digestion related to it. Ndop is a locality found in the plateau of Bamenda as the main city which is a city found in Cameroon.
COOKING METHOD OF NDOP MUSHROOM MEAT WITH CORN FUFU.
The Ndop mushroom meat with corn fufu is cooked by frying. This is the method being used.
- A packet of Ndop mushroom meat.
- Two fat tomatoes
- One big onion
- A handfull of celeri
- A handfull of peercil
- Maize or corn for corn fufu.
- Half cup of groundnut oil.
- Either red or yellow pepper.
Ingredients for seasoning
- Maggi crevet.
- Maggi cube
Cooking method of Ndop mushroom meat with corn fufu.
- Washed the dried mushroom meat.
- Boil it for at least thirty minutes.
- Remove from fire and put in a bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes and onions, then slice into small pieces.
- Wash the percil and celeri and slice into small pieces.
- Pour in groundnut oil into the pot, make sure not to wait the groundnut oil to become too hot.
- After some five seconds, throw in the ingredients beginning from the tomatoes, onions, the celeri and the percil.
- After a period of five minutes, throw in the boiled mushroom into the pot and close. Alsom just put in salt and maggi immediately.
- Add in a little bit of water like a half cup of water and close pot.
- Allow the pot on fire for a period of 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, your Ndop mushroom is ready
Cooking method of corn fufu.
- Grind your maize or corn.
- Using a shifter, remove the dirt from it.
- Boil water for a period of thirty minutes.
- When the water begins to boil, take some corn flour and carry hot water in a bowl, place the corn flour into the hot water and stir.
- When the water on fire is hot enough, pour in the cornflour inside the water into the pot.
- Stir the corn flour and close the pot for about five minutes.
- After a period of five minutes, add in the remaining corn flour and begin to stir the fufu on fire.
- Depending on you, you can either make the corn fufu to be soft or strong. After a quite some time in stirring, remove your ready corn fufu from fire.
- You can either wrap it in a plastic or use plantains leaves to wrap them.
Your Ndop mushroom meat with corn fufu is ready to ENJOY !
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!