by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Have you ever eaten raw cocoa in its first state. If it is not yet the case, you have the possibility of doing with Mets de viande. Mets de viande is a traditional meal eaten due to its taste like cocoa in its raw state, that is in its first state. Coocoa is highly cultivated in this part of the country which as a result of this, most of the food they prepare and eat like the texture of cooca in the mouth. Mets de viande is a meal being highly cooked and prepared in the South of Cameroon, precisely in the surroundings of Mvomeka. Mvomeka is being bothered by the South and East respectively. These areas are closed to the forest and are densely forested. Viande in English is meat.
Mets de viande is cooked by frying and boiling.
Cooking Ingredients of Mets de viande
- One kilo of viande
Ingredients for seasoning.
- Red Pepper
- Yellow pepper.
- Wash the meat
- Cut the meat
- After cutting the meat into small sizes, boil it.
- Boil the meat for a period of thirty minutes,
- After thirty minutes, remove the meat from fire.
- Wash the onions and slice into small quantities,
- Wash thr celeri and the percil and slice into small quantities. Make sure to really cut them into small sizes.
- After cutting, proceed with the meat.
- What you should do with the meat is so amazing.
- You have to cut the meat into small pieces again. Make sure the pieces are very small. If it is not small, i twill cause a difficulty when proceeding to the next step.
- The next thing to do is to grind the meat.
- Do not add in water when grinding the meat. Grind it dry.
- After grinding, put the meat in a bowl.Still not add water.
- Inside the bowl, add in the other ingredients and stir. Stir for a period of ten minutes.
- Add in enough salt.
- Add in sufficient maggi.
- After adding in all these ingredients, make sure to stir once more. Stir the bowl diligently.
- Proceed with the tying up of the meat into round balls.
- After tying it up, place in a pot of water.
- Boil the meat once more for a period of five minutes.
- After five minutees, remove the meat from fire and from the plastics.
- The next thing to do is to fry the ball meat.
- Fry them all using groundnut oil or olive oil. It all depends on you which oil you have to use. No matter the oil selected, the results shall still be the same. The taste will still be the same, that of coco which smells so good and taste so good.
- Make sure to place percil over it and it along when eating it.
It can be eaten with several things. In my case, I shall eat it with fried plantains. This is my choice, your choice can still be something else like cocoyams or even unripped plantains.
Enjoy your mets de Viande.