by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Jeck meat with fried irish potatoes is a another form of bifteck, that looks quite different from bifteck in the way that is being washed, prepared and cooked and even at the level of the taste. The taste is very different and taste less sweat like the standard bifteck. This food originates from the fact that it is solely for people who have a high degree of sugar in their blood. Though in general anyone can easily eat Jeck meat with fried potatoes. Jeck meat comes from the centre region, precisely in the locality of Sangmalima. Though now, it has spreaded to other parts of the country.
The cooking method used in the cooking of Jeck meat with fried irish potatoes is that of steaming and frying.
The cooking ingredients of Jeck meat with fried irish potatoes are the following ingredients:
- 1 Kilo of meat.
- Leek spieces
- A hand full of celery
- A hand full of percil
- A glove of garlics
- Three fresh onions
- Five raw potatoes
- Groundnut oil
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- White pepper
- Very small salt with no maggi cube.
- Wash the 1 kilo of meat
- After washing the meat, boil it very well. Boil it for about thirty minutes.
- Boil the meat using leeks in order to give it taste.
- After boiling it, starting the ingredients.
- Remove the peelings of the garlics, then chop into small pieces.
- Remove the peelings of the ginger and chop into small pieces.
- Wash the ingredients and cut them very small. Cut the ingredients into small pieces.
- Wash the onions and chop very small.
- Together with the onions and the other ingredients, mix them and grind them together.
- After grinding, keep them aside in a clean place.
- Pour a little bit of groundnut oil on fire, wait for the groundnut oil to steam. When it does steam, pour into the pot the grinded ingredients and immediately throw into the pot the boiled meat and stir. Stir it up for a period of one minute, then throw into the pot a small amount of salt like an inch of it.
- Later on, close the pot for about five minutes.
- After the fifth minute, check to see whether your food is read or not.
- If the food is not ready, pour in a small quantity of water like one quarter cup of water. But if the food is ready, do not put any water. Just remove the food from fire.
- When the jeck meat is ready, proceed to the frying of the potatoes.
- Remove the peelings of the potatoes, then wash the irish potatoes.
- After washing the irish potatoes, cut it into small pieces.
- Pour groundnut oil in a clean pot on fire.
- Then throw into the pot the irish potatoes that you have cleaned and washed. Using a frying spoon, constantly turn the irish potatoes so as to avoid it from burning and making sure that it gets ready very well.
- Fry all your Irish potatoes very well.
When you must have finished frying, serve unto a clean flat plate of your choice.
Enjoy your meal.