Cameroon – How to Cook Turning Plantains With Goat Meat Pepper Soup
by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
Turning plantains and pepper soup is mush appreciate by cameroonians. Many cameroonians love eating turning plantains and pepper soup after their morning sport or evening sports especially on Sundays. Some even fine pleasure eating turning plantains with a bottle of beer or wine, and others love eating it because of the quantity of meat since pepper soup is cooked with big slices of meat.
You can turn pepper soup with yams, coco, irish potatoes and unripe plantains all are good in to the mouth. Then for the meat you can use cow meat , chicken , fish, bushmeat .But for this recipe i am going to cook with unripe plantains and goat meat since my husband love unripe plantains and goat meat since it is nutritious and yummy.
This meal ease digestion and makes your body not to be heavy is a delicious food and also mostly consuim by women who has put to birth. And also for those who has gone through surgery since it ease digestion. Lets move to the ingredients.
- 5 plantains
- 1/2kg goat meat
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 pasley
- 2 celery
- Pepper (optional)
- 1 small onions
- 1 clove garlics
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup njansa
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 thym
- 1 cup of groundnut oil
- 1 spoon of white pepper
- Cleans up goat meat wash it well ,then slice the one oinions and put aside. In a pot add in 1 cup of groundnut oil then add in the slice onions allow it to fry for about 2 minutes, then add in the goat meat stir the goad meat let it fry small like for 5 minutes then add 2 liters of water , bay leave, thym ,maggie and salt to taste, cover the pot and allow it to cook for about 30minutes.
- As the meat is on fire waiting for 30minute to be looked after. Now we are going to peel the plantains then wash them and divide them into two or you can still cook it whole but me i love dividing so that the spicies can enter well in to the plantains.
- Wash the tomatoes , parsely celery, garlics, njansa, white pepper and grain them all together.
- After 30minutes open your pot then add in the plantains and the grounded tomatoes parsley , celery , garlics , njansa and white pepper. Then adjust the salt and maggie . cover the pot and allow it cook for another 30minutes since the plantains and the meat has to be very soft.
- The bell is ringing 30 minutes has pass you can remove your delicious turning plantains with goat meat pepper soup. My husband will enjoy tonight.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!