by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
Pepper soup is a sauce that is mostly eaten in cameroon when there alot of cold. Pepper soup is one of the dishes that has healing properties.
You can eat pepper soup without adding pepper inside since the name pepper soup seems to be alot pepperish, no its is not if u dont eat pepper you should not cook with pepper and the name pepper soup is just the name given to the meal. Many people do enjoy pepper soup with pepper inside but all the same without pepper the food is still delicious.
Njansa is a small nut that helps to thicken the soup, and it also add another taste in to the soup, the taste that most of our cameroonian soil are searching for. Pepper soup has many spieces to finally make up it taste that is : onions garlics , bay leaves, celery, white pepper leeks, and maggie cube.
As for the meat you can use any types of , chicken and wwhy not fish or bush meat all are delicious and all depend on your prefrences. But for this recipe i am going to use the leg of cow to cook this pepper soup.
- Leg cow meat
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 small onions
- 1 spoon white pepper
- 1 :4 cup of njansa
- 1 leeks
- 2 celery
- 1 pepper(optional)
- 1 bay leave
- Salt to taste
- Maggie to taste
- Wash the cow meat very well since it contains alot of sand and slice them depending on the slices you want ,Slice all the one onions and put it aside. Wash the thym and the one bay leave
- The thym and the one bay leave will make the soup to be more sumptious and will have a good smell.
- In a pot put one cup of oil then add the slice onoins and let it fry for some second then add the cow leg meat then put the one bay leave, thym, salt and maggie to taste then add 2 liters of water. Then close your pot and allow it cook for about 1 hrs.
- Wash your tomatoes your leeks, celery , njansa then grain them all together then put it aside.
- When the meat is soon ready add the grounded tomatoes , leeks , celery , njansa and taste the salt and maggie . close your pot and waite again for abot 10 minutes . after 10minutes remove your pot from fire and save it.
- You can eat pepper soup with banana, cassava , plantains, yams, coco and many other so all depend on what suit you.
Enjoy yor meal!!!