Cameroon – How to Cook Ghetto Jellof Rice
by Kouemo Patricia
Jellof rice originatede from senegal but later on spread across the African countries which each country has his own special way of spiecing it.
Jellofe rice is most eaten in west African countries like Nigeria, Togo, Gambia ,Senegal, Liberia, and Cameroon. Jellof rice is very popular across the African continent, it is so popular that the day for jellof rice has been reserve every august 22 of every year.
Many countries has differents ways of cooking jellof rice, even in Cameroon we have various ways of cooking jellof rice. But today we are going to cook ghetto jellof rice. This rice though it does not have alot much spices but it pretty good in to the mouth. In Cameroon we call this food (le sauveur) , it is called le sauveur because it helps you to eat easily and feed your family in times of hardship, as in Cameroon half of the population suffer from pooverty.
- 2 cups rice
- 3 big tomotes
- 1 small onions
- 1 small leeks
- 1 celeri
- Salt and maggie to taste
- 1 cup of graoundnut oil
- 2 big dry fish(mbonga)
- In a bole of water wash tomtoes , leaks, and celeri.
- Cut them in to small slices and put aside
- In another bole remove all the borns of the dry fish and then wash it and put it aside.
- In a pot pa-boil the rice for about 3 minutes. While the rice is on fire slice onions and put it aside.
- Remove the rice on fire then wash it well.
- Then add the one cup of oil in to the put allow the oil to heat.
- Later put in onions and dry fish and let it fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes , leeks and celeri allow it to fry for about 5 minutes while continuering stiring. Add in your maggie and salt to taste.
- When the sauce has fried well add in your pa-boiled rice then add in a cup of water then cover your pot for the jellofe to cook well.
- After 5min check your ghetto jellofe rice in your pot when ready, remove from fire and open your pot half way.
- Save it hot .
Your meal is ready to enjoy. Enjoy it with all your strength and force, it is a special type of rice with all its taste and flavour. Enjoy your Ghetto jellof rice
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!