by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
Fufu corn and njama njama is a meal most people do appreciate a lot, is a natural dish which uses just some few natural ingredients and it does not only taste in to the mouth but also adds some very important nutrients to the body. There are three types of njama njama which comes from three diffrents regions which are Founbam, Bamenda,and Buea.
In the next artcle i will will show you the different between the three types of njama njama.
Fufu corn and jama jama originate from Bui, Northwest, Kom and the west grass feilds. In my grandmothers house we cant keep a week without eating fufu and jama even twice a week. I already consider it to be part of my menu for every week, unstill my stomcah is already use to i may surely fall sick if i dont consume it !!! is not a joke.
Fufu corn is made with ground maize, Njama njama is just simple huckleberry .it has diferent ways to be stewed, in tomatoes, onions , ginger powder, salt and if you want it to look more yummy you can add smoked chicken, crayfish and why not egusi so all depends on you.
- 5 boundles of njama njama
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup palm oil
- 1 meduim onion sliced
- Pepper (optional)
- 2 eating spoon grond ginger
- Salt and maggie to taste
- 2 fried fish
- 1 pound ground corn flour
- 4 cups water
- Fix , wash the Nja Njama put in to pot , allows to boil for about 15 minutes, then stir. After 20minutes remove the vegetable from the pot and put it in cold water.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes then slice the onions . pre heat the palm oil then pour in the slice tomates, onions and ginger powder in to the oil.
- Fry the spices all together, then add in the vegetable stir it and continue stiring so that it should not get burn. Add in salt and maggie cube to your taste and stir it well so that it can mix well together.
- After some 4 minutes to 5 minutes you can remove the vegetable on fire .
- Lets move to corn fufu
- Put about 5 cups of water on fire in a big pot. While the water is boiling,
- Shifter the maize flour to remove all the dirths then in a small cup put two spoons of maize flour in a cup then add cold water and stir it well.
- When the water has boiled divide the water in to two.
- Add in the two spoons mixtures in to the pot stir it contionusly. When you feel it heavy you cover the pot and allow it to cook for about 2 minutes.
- The add in the maize flour continue stiring. Afdter sometimes you will feel how the fufu corn is drawing. Stir unstill you see no looms.
- Then add in the other half hot water and cover the pot. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes turn the fufu unstill it all uniform .
- Scoop out the balls with a kitchen spoon, form a small ball by rolling it around then place in a leaf or in plastic .
- The meal is ready to eat.