by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
When it comes to new food combination discovery, most people have no limits. Thy do everything so as to satisfy their food taste and desire. Eating fried plantains with crayfish, chicken and beef may seem crazy to some people, to others it is what they want and no one can stop them from doing so. Moreover, it is not a sin nor prohibited somewhere to satisfy your food urges as you want. People even go to the extent of organizing challenges to know new types of food and who can eat the highest. This is case with the Ndopmbi food challenge. The taste of Fried chicken with crayfish, chicken and beef eaten together at the same time have the taste and feeling of sand in the mouth. This is the result of the crayfish. It does not mean that you do have sand in the mouth, but that is the feeling and taste you do feel when eating and chewing fried plantains with crayfish, chicken and beef. Fried plantain with crayfish, chicken and beef is being prepared in Littoral region of Cameroon.
The cooking method used in cooking fried plantain with crayfish and beef is frying.
- Half bucket of big fresh crayfish
- Half kilo of meat
- Two quarter of chicken.
- Many bamboo sticks
- Five fingers of ripe plantains
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh poiro
- Celery and percil to be used for spicing the crayfish, meat and chicken.
- If it is possible, get crayfish that have just being caught. Using crayfish that has slept for one or two days, it good but not the best option. So get fresh crayfish and wash it.
- Boil the half kilo of meat. Do not boil it alongside with the chicken at the same time.
- Boil the chicken as well.
- Before boiling the meat and the chicken, make sure to cut the chicken as well as the meat.
- Wash the bamboo sticks
- Wash the tomatoes and the poiro. Cut the two ingredients into small fitting sizes for the bamboo stick. It should even be the same size as the sizes of the chicken.
- As it concerns the celery and the percil, you will grind them. This is what you will use to spice the crayfish, chicken and meat.
- Groundnut oil should be steaming on fire.
- Allow the chicken, crayfish and beef into the beef for it to absorb the spices for like twenty minutes.
- Begin frying them. It does not matter with which you decide to frying. Be it the chicken, the crayfish or the beef. It just have no order. The main thing is for you to fry them well. Though I can advice you to begin frying the chicken and the beef before finishing with the crayfish.
- After frying them, put them in the bamboo sticks.
- Finishing with chicken, crayfish and beef; fry the plantains.
- When frying the plantains, make sure to fry using low heat.