Cameroon – Dry Rice With Fish Smoked Fish And Fried Chicken
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Dry rice is a local cuisine that has the taste of salty rice. This local cuisine is being cooked at anytime. It does have any particular moment or time that it could be cooked. This food is often cooked by households due to the fact that it is simple to prepare and it does not have any complications when cooking it. The francophones in cameroon are the highest cookers of dry fish. For them, it could be cooked from Monday to Sunday without any problem. Really, they love eating dry rice. It is a favourite dish to many especially on Christmas Day as no family can do without the preparation of dry rice with smooked fish and fried chicken. The smooked fish are of different sizes. There is the small one, the medium one and the big one.
What is the method used
The method used in cooking dry rice with smoked fish and fried chicken is that of frying.
- Four cups of rice ( any type of your type)
- Smooked fish
- Fried chicken
- Six fresh tomatoes
- On big onions
- A glove of garlics
- A stem of ginger
- Groundnut oil (any groundnut oil of your choice)
NB : You could stiill use olive oil instead of groundnut oil
- Maggi cube
- Maggi crevette
Before you begin frying your dry rice with smoked fish and fried chicken, first prepare your chicken and buy fish that has already being smooked.
- Get one quarter chicken
- Wash the chicken
- Boil the chicken using bay leaf
- Boil it for a period of thirty minutes to forty minutes maximum
- After boiling, fry the chicken using groundnut oil or olive oil
After frying the chicken, place in a clean bowl.
Proceed with the smooked fish
- Wash the fish before smoking or you simply buy fish that has already being smooked
If you decide to smoke the fish yourself, do the following
- Wah the fish when it is full
- Then smoke it
- After smoking fry it using either groundnut oil or olive oil
If you decide to buy fish that has already being smoked, simply fry the fish using groundnut oil or olive oil.
Having done all these, proceed then to the dry rice itself.
- Wash the fresh tomatoes
- Wash the onions and cut into small sizes
- Peel off the garlics and cut into small sizes
- Peel off the ginger and cut into small sizes
- Wash the celeri and the percil
- Having done all these, grind them altogether at the same time.
- Pour groundnut oil in a pot on fire
- Pour the grinded ingredients
- Wait for a period of three minutes.
- After three minutes, throw into the pot your rice and stir the pot very well.
- Pour in water into the pot like two cups of water
- Then put salt and maggi. When putting salt and maggi, make sure to put the sufficient quantity.
- Let the food stay on fire for a period of thirty minutes.
- Make sure to check on the food from time to time.
- After thirty minutes on fire, your food is ready.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!