Cameroon – Crayfish With Green Leaves and Prawns
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Crayfish with green leaves and prawns is a food mixture that represents the Sawa culture, a locality that is being surrounded by a river, known as River Wouri. The reason for the love of the Sawa inhabitants for this meal is due to the fact that they can easily have access to it and eat when it is still very fresh, since they have the possibility of catching the crayfish and the prawns from River Wouri. Moreover, the existing intimacy between the love for this meal and the Sawa inhabitants is due to the fact that the name of the country, Cameroon results from the name prawns given by the Portuguese explorers, Rio Dos Kameroes, meaning the River of Prawns. This is why, this mea lis highly loved and appreciated in this locality. Crayfish with green leaves and prawns is a meal coming from the locality of the Littoral region, precisely Sawa, a village in this region of Cameroon.
The cooking method of Crayfish with green leaves and prawns is boiling and stewing.
- Two cups of crayfish
- Half cup of prawns
- Green leaves
- Two fresh tomatoes
- A cup of red oil
- Two cubes of Maggi
- Salt to taste
- Maggi crevette to add more flavor to the food
- Wash the green leaves
- After washing the green leaves, cut into small parts
- Boil the prawns for about three minutes.
- After this, wash the tomatoes.
- Slice two tomatoes into four halves
- Wash the green leaves again and boil for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Remove the green leaves from the fire.
- Drain the dirty water from the green leaves.
- After this, once more, wash the leaves once more
- Place in a clean bowl and cover with a lid so as to prevent it from dirt
- Pour red oil on fire
- Throw into the pot the sliced tomatoes.
- After this, what follows should be the green leaves.
- Throw into the pot the boiled green leaves
- After this what follows should be the crayfish and the boiled prawns.
- Throw into the pot the crayfish and the boiled prawns
- Throw into the pot the salt to taste, then the maggi into the pot.
- Throw just one Maggi cube.
- Pour a cup of water and close the pot.
- Allow the food on fire for about ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, the food is ready.
Serve the food on a clean plate and enjoy your green vegetables with crayfish and prawns
Enjoy your meal.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!