by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Crayfish Stew is a local cuisine that is being prepared in beaches during party times. Crayfish stew is a meal that brings more adrenaline to individuals that feast around the beach. They feel happier after consuming crayfish as moreover it is being eaten when it is still fresh. Immediately as they are being caught from the sea, that is how they are immediately being prepared. This is in other that, they should be consumed when they are still fresh. So, immediately as it comes out of water, they do the ingredients mixture and stew it immediately. Crayfish stew has the taste of fresh Onions. Crayfish stew is being prepared at the surrounding of coastal areas, better known as beaches in Limbe and Kribi in Cameroon.
Crayfish stew is being cooked by stewing.
- Half bucket of fresh crayfish.
- A handful of fresh celery
- Half fresh onions
- One fresh tomato
- Half cup of groundnut oil.
- One maggi and a pinch of salt
- The first thing to do when cooking crayfish stew is to clean the crayfish.
- After cleaning the crayfish, place them on a clean surface.
- Wash the celery and cut in small portions.
- Wash the tomato and also the half onions.
- After washing the tomato and the half onions, you should grind them together afterwards.
- Pour the groundnut oil in a clean pot and place the pot on fire.
- Wait for the groundnut oil you placed on fire to steam. When it does steam, pour into the pot the grinded ingredients that is the tomato and the half onions.
- Also wait for a minute or two for the ingredients to steam very well in the pot.
- When it has happened, put the crayfish in the ingredients in the pot.
- Afterwards, stir the crayfish in the pot.
- When stirring the crayfish in the pot, try to do it diligently so as not to scatter the crayfish in the pot.
- Scatter the one maggi in the pot and also the pinch of salt.
- Close the pot for a period of three minutes. Within three minutes of stay on fire, it is the time to remove your pot of crayfish from fire. Do so immediately after the three minutes timeframe have elapsed.