by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
Cow bone is the part of the cow that many people like eating because for them it is a very in the mouth, though it contains less meat on it, but it is the sweatness in it that makes people to like sucking it especially when it has been prepared with a delicious meal. In today’s local cuisine, the sweat cow bone shall be prepared with ekusi and leaves. It is very delicious when sucking the cow bone as the ekusi and leaves substance has become one making it to taste higher and more. Sucking cow bone is a good practice and it is even recommended to pregnant women for their unborn child as it will play a good role in the development of the bones of the child. Cow bone with ekusi and leaves is cooked in Ndaba, Cameroon.
- A kilo of cow bone
- Three cups of raw ekusi seeds.
- Half bundle of sweat leaves.
- Groundnut oil
- Tomatoes and Onions
- Only salt is needed.
- Leeks to be used when boiling the cow bone.
- Clean the cow bone, then wash it afterwards.
- Boil the cow bone with the leeks.
- The boiling time of the cow bone is around forty minutes.
- Grind the ekusi seeds with a grinding machine.
- Slice the leaves, then wash and afterwards boil the leaves.
- Make sure to grind it dry with no water in it.
- Wash the tomatoes and the onions.
- After washing the tomatoes and the onions, chop them, then grind them all.
- Use a little bit of water when grinding the tomatoes and the onions.
- Remove the peelings of the garlics and the ginger, then slice them in small halves.
- After slicing them, grind them also. Use a little amount of water grinding the garlics and the ginger.
- When all is well set, you can cook the food properly.
- Put groundnut oil on fire.
- When the ground oil begin to steam, throw the grinded ingredients, that is the tomatoes, onions, garlics and ginger in the hot oil.
- Wait for like one minute.
- After one minute minute, the next thing you have to do is put the grinded ekusi and leaves in the pot, pouring half cup of water in the pot.
- Put the needed amount of salt in the pot.
- Then, the next thing you have to do is to put the cow bone in the pot.
- Close your pot.
- Allow the food on fire for about five minutes.
- After five minutes, everything will be ready.
The cooking process might be strenuous and take much time, but it is worth cooking.
Good things, come after a small amount of efforts.
Hope you enjoyed the process.
Bonne Degustation à vous in the best ways.