by Djougwa Kouemo Patricia
Countri green leaves vegetables is a meal prepared in Cameroon by the Nso people, who are better known as Banso. Originally, it was a meal prepared for their Fon and he was the only one who had the right to eat countri green leaves. As time went on, things changed. It started by changing from the fact that, males had the right to eat the found, then female, then later on, it spreaded to females. The love for this meal is due to the fact that it is full of nutrients and has no side effects to the body, no matter how many times it is being eaten in a daytimeBanso is highly populated and densed community located in the Northwest region of Cameroon, not far from Calabar a region in Nigeria. Countri green leaves vegetables is a meal highly appreciated by the people of Banso. Some do eat it from Monday to Sunday without getting tired or even thinking of changing it or trying to think something else. .
What must you have in possesson to cook the countri green leaves vegetables ?
- Countri green leaves vegetables
- Four pinches of salt
- Little bit of maggi at your possession or disposal depending on you. Though I insist on a little quantity.
- Red pepper to give it more flavour.
- Little bit or insignificant quantity of red oil.
- You can do it with crayfish or still decide not to use crayfish when cooking it.
HOW TO COOK COUNTRI GREEN VEGETABLES
- Start by cleaning the vegetables, that is separating the leaves from the stems and also removing bad leaves from the good ones. At times, different types of vegetables are joined to it, so take your time to remove it carefully.
- The next thing to do is to wash the green vegetable leaves thoroughly like two to three times, then draining the dirty water from it. Place it in a drainer for a period of five minutes or more.
- What to do next is to boil the vegetables for a period of twenty minutes. Make sure to add water into it when boiling. When it has boiled enough and it is ready remove from fire and wash it again.
- Now, pour little bit of red oil into the pot and immediately put the vegetables also alongside with the salt and maggi and crayfish and stir. Just keep on stirring for one minutes. After this, your food is ready.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL