by Verdzekov Bernard.
In the western world, cakes are commonly eating as meals. A slice of cake with fruit juice makes the belly heavy and satisfied. Cake is food which is sweet because, one of the ingredients used in making cake is sugar. It is a sweet food made from flour and other ingredients that gives the cake name. Cakes where usually baked normally and served. But with increase in knowledge and studies, more ways where improvised on how cakes could be baked and even designed to give it a beautiful look.
Cakes also represent joy, unity and togetherness. This is from my own point of view. Joy/happiness/love is represented when a child is born. That is birthdays. Usually during birthdays, the mom of the house or sometimes friends will design beautiful cakes to show their love and happiness that a great/dad/mom/sister/brother was born. On this day of the birthday, it helps to remind us that, we were all born.
A cake also represents happiness and unity when we look at weddings. When two people come together as husband and wife. The usually cut a cake too on that special day of their lives. This cake designed to represent this important day in the lives of the victims is usually cut into so many slices and shared to the invitees, for them to have a taste of the sweetness and happiness of that particular day. Today, you will learn on how coconut cake is baked.
Baking tools, you will need
- Baking tin. This should be in the various shapes that you want your cake to be formed.
- Table spoon
- Measuring scale (that is if you have one or can afford one)
- Icing machine (that is if you will love to ice your cake)
- Unsalted butter (283grams)
- 1 cup of ground sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup of coconut milk (240grams)
- 2 tea spoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt or ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ of cup coconut flakes
- 2 ½ cup of flour
- After measuring and putting your ingredients together, during baking process just follow the procedure except you have another style or procedure which you can use to come up with a positive end result. You could prepare your coconut flakes the day before baking. Make sure you bake your coconut flakes until it is slightly brawn.
- Combine your butter and sugar and cream together. If you have a small processing matching; that could do it better use. Cream the sugar and butter until it is almost white in color. This could take about 5min max.
- Turn heat in the oven. This pre heating is to make the oven conducive for baking.
- Add your eggs. Add gradually while stirring.
- Sift your flour and add while mixing. Add your salt and baking powder to the mixture and stir well. Make sure your baking powder and salt are sifted so as to get the perfectly fine particle for your baking. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add your coconut flakes and mix until it is well combined.
- Grease your baking pan. Grease your oven baking strays.
- Put the mixture into the baking pans. Make sure you tap the sides of the baking pans using your palms so as to eliminate any air bubbles in the pan in-between the mixture. Insert baking pans into the oven. Close the oven for 30-35 and at most 40min. Make sure you are baking your cake at 165 C.
- Remove and serve.
There is another means which other people use to bake their coconut cake. They at times prefer to keep the coconut flakes aside and use it for garnishing. This is to say, after baking the cake, they ice the cake, then use the coconut flakes to sprinkle on the cake for garnishing. This is still accepted and it is also very beautiful and tasteful.