by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
A rich land merits so much respect like the case of this special food, stewed chicken. Bakossi stewed chicken is a form of chicken prepared after an incantation, that is the fowl that has been used for a sacrifice for a particular reason or a particular situation. The taste of this food is like a MacDonald fried chicken, the only exception is that Bakossi stewed chicken is locally prepared in a local manner which gives it a taste of a burnt chicken on fire, and it is only found in the Bakossi land and some cities in Cameroon like Yaounde and Douala.
Cooking method of the Bakossi stewed chicken
The Bakossi stewed chicken is cooked by stewing, which is the best method for them.
Cooking Ingredients of Bakossi stewed chicken
- One full chicken
- Two fresh tomatoes
- One fresh onions
Cooking ingredients for seasoning
- Groundnut oil
- Pepper, yellow and red pepper if possible
Cooking procedure of the Bakossi stewed Chicken
- Remove the dirt from your chicken by removing all feathers and unwanted particles
- Cut the chicken into small parts
- Boil your chicken.
- Put in a little bit of salt when boiling
- Boil the chicken for a period of 45 minutes non-stop
- After 45 minutes, remove from chicken from fire and place in a clean bowl of clean water. Keep the boiled water known as stuck water from the chicken. Make sure to keep the stuck water, do not pour it or throw it.
See the picture below of boiled chicken
- Cut the percil and celeri into small pieces
- Followed by the tomatoes and onions that you cut also into small pieces,
- Do the same with the poiro and the poivron. Slice them into smaller sizes, same with the tomatoes and the onions.
- After doing all these things, proceed with the stewing of the chicken.
- Use a clean pot
- Pour in groundnut oil in the pot.
- Do not allow the groundnut oil to steam
- After some fez seconds on fire, immediately throw in the tomatoes, onions, the celeri and percil inside and stir the pot. Stir the pot for a period of five minutes.
- Put in maggi and salt at the same time. Stir the pot again for a period of one minute.
- After this step, the next thing to put into the pot is the boiled chicken. Wait for a period of three to five minutes.
- After this period of time, use the stuck water that originates from the boiling of the chicken. Use a cup of this water into your Bakossi stewed chicken.
- Having done all these, allow your food on fire for a period of ten minutes. After ten minutes, remove the food from fire.
Serve in a plate of food. Your food is ready. Enjoy your Bakossi stewed chicken.