Cameroon – Baked Rice With Fried Chicken
by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Traditionally, rice is known to be fried or better still stewed. It will sound very strange to listen to that rice is being baked. Yes, it gives a strange feeling to know that you will eat baked rice. This cooking method is quite different from the normal cooking method. Baked rice entails that the rice is fried then placed in baking equipment so as to take the appearance and shape of a baked small cake, mostly the form of a morphin cake. The cooking method is both a mixture of frying then followed by baking. So do not stress out and be afraid, for the rice will still have the taste of a normal fried rice. The only difference being that, it shall be completed in a baking equipment. Baked rice with fried chicken is cooked in the South region of Cameroon, precisely Sangmelima.
The cooking methods of baked rice with fried chicken are the following. The two methods used are baking and frying. The rice is being fried, then late on baked. As for the chicken, it is fried.
- Five cups of rice. Any type of rice can used in cooking this food.
- One quarter chicken.
- Half cup of groundnut oil
- Three fresh tomatoes
- One fresh onions.
- Maggi and salt
- Leeks for the chicken
- Since frying the chicken will take much time, begin with the chicken.
- To begin with the chicken, you must firstly cut the chicken in the proportions you will want them to be.
- After doing this, wash the chicken using clean water.
- After washing the chicken with the use of clean water, use leeks to boil the chicken and perfume it at the same time.
- Generally, it takes between thirty minutes to forty-five minutes to boil the chicken.
- When the chicken is ready enough, remove it then from fire.
- When the water is no longer hot, go to the next thing which is the frying of the chicken.
- Pour groundnut oil in a frying pan.
- Wait for the groundnut oil to become hot, when it does become hot, begin the frying.
- Fry the chicken one after the other. Make sure to fry the chicken to be dry.
- After frying the chicken, begin preparing to cook the next things.
- The next thing to prepare is the baked rice.
- To prepare the baked rice, wash the following species and slice them.
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them.
- Wash the onions and slice it.
- After this, grind the two together that is the tomatoes and the onions.
- Pour a generous amount of groundnut oil in the pot.
- When the groundnut oil has steamed enough, pour the grinded ingredients in it, that is the tomato and the onions.
- After this, what should follow is the rice.
- Stir the rice the pot very well
- Pour a little bit of water in the pot
- Wait for the rice to stay on fire for about ten minutes
- After ten minutes, remove from fire and put in the baking equipment
- Since the rice is almost ready, it won’t stay for long in the baking machine
- It should stay for about two to three minutes
- After this timeframe, remove the rice
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!