by Alkased Mamim
Those who still believe that men can’t hold their best on cooking, then Seswaa will prove them wrong. This is a cuisine from Botswana cooked only by men.
Botswana is a country located southern part of Africa nearby South Africa. It is a heat country with unconditional warm winds and some unpredictable short seasons on rainfall.
Seswaa cuisine in Botswana is normally prepared in special occasions like independence-day, wedding ceremonies and other great celebrations.
Throughout the time changes, generations passed other Botswana cuisines may change a bit but Seswaa has stand hold to it’s place, considering the cooking tools, cooks as well as cooking materials.
You may prepare it at home level for a special guest or your loved one, because the cuisine holds respect and love customs. Why keep on reading so hard, let us make things done!, welcome.
- 3 kg of beef
- 3 bulb onions
- pepper powder (for taste)
- garlic (not necessary)
- cornflour for Sadza (side dish)
- Wash and cut meat into parts (sized parts).
- Add in salt, water and pepper. You may add grinned garlic also of about 3 teaspoons.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- While boiling preheat oven to 140 degree C, and wait for the boiling time to end.
- After boiling, put into a cast-iron casserole dish or the likely oven dish, then oven for about 4 hours.
- After the time, take from oven and then boil again using moderate heat to wipe off the remaining soup.
- Using a wooden spoon (or clean stick if is for many), stir the meat slowly (they will be shredded) to mix each of the ingredients.
- Our Seswaa cuisine is ready.
Seswaa with Sadza tastes better than alone. Sadza is a stiff porridge made of corn flour famous known around the countries nearby Botswana, and this is how we make it;
- Take a quarter amount of cornflour and mix with cold water to form a porridge like solution, boil it while stirring.
- Once well boiled, add in more flour in large quantity bunches while stirring. Our goal is to mix flour and water while heating it.
- Keep on the process until you notice stiffness from the mix.
- Stop adding flour and keep on mixing.
- After a couple of minutes roughly 2 minutes, Sadza will be ready fro meal.
- Enjoy with family or friends while warm.
Our cuisine is ready for lunch or dinner, you only need to enjoy the meal at any time, see below pictures for Seswaa cuisine setups from Botswana;