by Wirba Brice Divine Ransinyuy
Sauce de pistache is a normal meal eaten at Afternoon times or evening depending on each and everyone, but not in the morning. More importantly, it must be eaten when it is hot and not cold. This is another important aspect concerning sauce de pistache with ripe plantains. The taste of this food-sauce de pistache with ripe plantains is just like the one of tomato sauce that has been fried with meat or chicken. Sauce de pistache is a meal originating from the West region of Cameroon, precisely known as Baham. Baham is a village found in the west part of Cameroon, Bafoussam. Bafoussam is the chief town of the West region.
What is the Cooking method of sauce de pistache with ripe plantains ?
Sauce de pistache with ripe plantains is being prepared by stewing.
Cooking ingredients of sauce de pistache with ripe plantains
- Two cups of pistache
- Three fresh tomatoes
- One onion
- A glove of garlics
- Fresh fish
- White pepper
- Red and yellow pepper
Seasoning ingredients of sauce de pistache with ripe plantains
- Groundnut oil
- Maggi crevete
Cooking process of sauce de pistache with ripe plantains
- Take the two cups of pistache
- Grind it using a molinex
- Clean your fish and cut into smaller parts
- Fry your fish using groundnut oil and salt
- sWash the tomatoes and onions.
- Slice the tomatoes and onions into smaller parts.
- Grind them using a molinex.
- Prepare now the ripe plantains.
- The first thing to do is to peel off the skin of the ripe plantains.
- Boil in a pot of water.
- Allow it on fire for a period of ten to fifteen minutes, then remove from fire. Make sure not to allow it to go above 20 minutes on fire. 20 minutes is the highest time you can allow the ripe plantains on fire.
- When the ripe plantains is ready, proceed now to the sauce de pistache and continue from where you ended.
- Pour in groundnut oil in a clean pot.
- Wait like for three seconds.
- After three seconds, throw in the grinded spices that is the tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlics into the pot.
- Stir your pot very well
- After stirring, throw in the grinded pistache and also after this, throw in the fried fish into the pot.
- Stir your food, putting in salt, maggi and maggi crevet and then pouring in water into the the pot.
- Allow the food on fire for a period of ten minutes allowing the water to get dry before you can remove your food from fire.
- When the water is dried, you can then remove your sauce de pistache from fire. Serve yourself alongside with your boiled ripe plantains. Sauce de pistache can be eaten with many things like ripe plantains or better still with unripped plantains.
It can also be eaten with yams or even with cocoyams. Sauce de pistache can still be eaten with boiled rice. It is very sweat with potatoes also, be it irish potatoes or sweat potatoes.