Pakistan – Sattu Ka Sharbat
By Huzefa Khan
Sattu drink is one of the popular summer drinks in Pakistan. Born in the spring, this sweet delicacy is known for its cooling qualities. It is popular nationwide with variations in states like Punjab and Karachi. Sutu Sorbet, once popularized as a rural resource, has finally caught the attention of the urban population. Sattu is made from roasted black tin, which is mainly used in the manufacture of beverages. Add the stir-fried black-brown tan, bay leaves and roasted caraway seeds to make the stout powder. However, people in Punjab use different versions of Sutu. You can add sugar and water or mix with caraway seeds, coriander, green chilies and black salt. Sutu syrup is very convenient and convenient. Rich in nutrients, fiber and protein, it is the ideal cold season.
- Barley (jau) = 3 Cups
- Water (pani) = as required
- Jaggery (gurr) = 2-3 tablespoon
- Sattu 2-3 tablespoon
- Lemon juice (lemo pani) = 1 teaspoon
- Black salt (kala namak) = 1 pinch
- Ice cubes = as required
- Add barley water to the bowl and wait.
- Rinse clean waste several times and filter well.
- Add water and cook for 4 hours.
- Soak in water and drain the mixture well.
- Dry well with a muslin cloth.
- Now stir and add barley and fry on low heat till brown.
- Keep mixing and wait for the sound to break.
- Take a blender and mix with the roasted barley
- Pressure with the help of strainers.
- Can be kept in a closed container for up to 3 months.
- Take a serving glass and mix coriander, sattu (barley), water, lemon juice and black salt.
- Traditional drink with ice cubes is ready!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!