Pakistan – Sabzion Bhara Paratha
by Arbaz Khan565612
Paratha is a popular dish in Punjabi cuisine. Paratha is originated in Indian Subcontinent in 12th century. Sabzion bhara paratha or vegetables paratha is most famous breakfast in India and Pakistan. The word sabzian means vegetables so this means it is vegetables filled paratha. Basically a paratha is a flatbread and this one is vegetables filled flatbread. It has traditionally circular shape and brownish color. A paratha is fried in oil. The word paratha comes from the word parat which means layers of cooked dough. There are many named of paratha all over the world like parauntha and forota etc. vegetables filled paratha is delicious, healthy and mouthwatering dish. In Punjab this paratha is eaten with lassi or yogurt. Lassi is a yogurt drink that is very popular among Punjabis. Any Punjabi would agree that the best way to start morning is by eating butter dripping paratha. These parathas can be eaten in lunch and dinner. There are any varieties of paratha like aloo paratha, gobi paratha ect but this paratha is a combination of all type of parathas. This paratha is served with chatni (yogurt sauce).
- Atta (wheat flour) = 3 cups
- Pani (water) = 1 cup
- Aloo (potatoes) = 2
- Phool Gobhi (cauliflower) = 1 cup
- Namak (salt) = as required
- Piaz (onion) = 1
- Lal mirch powder (red chilies powder) = 1 teaspoon
- Zeera (cumin seeds) = 1 tablespoon
- Dhania (coriander seeds) = 1 tablespoon
- Oil = 2 tablespoon
- Chaat masala = 1 teaspoon
- Podina (mint leaves) = 2 tablespoon
- Hari mirchain (green chilies) = 3
- Gajar (carrot) = half cup
- Haldee powder (turmeric powder) = half teaspoon
- Adrak lehsan paste (ginger and garlic paste) = 1 tablespoon
- Take a bowl and add namak (salt) and aata (wheat flour) in it and mix it.
- Now add some cooking oil until it crumbled.
- Now add water in flour and make dough with it.
- Grease dough with cooking oil and put it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a wok and cooking oil in it and set it on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot add roasted and crushed cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds, chaat masala, turmeric powder, red chilies powder in it and mix it.
- Fry it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and onion in the mixture and again mix it.
- In the mixture add the given quantity vegetables like cauliflower, carrot, green chilies, mint leaves and potatoes.
- Mash the vegetables and mix it.
- Cook the vegetables by adding salt for 2 minutes.
- Let mixture cool.
- Knead the dough and take small portion of it. Make a ball of dough with hands and sprinkle dry flour on dough.
- Roll the dough with the help of rolling pin and make a circle.
- Add two tablespoon of fried vegetables on the circle and spread the vegetables on it.
- Seal all edges of dough circle and twist it.
- Add dry flour on it and again roll it with rolling pin.
- Grease the rolled dough with oil and fry it on frying pan. Make sure to fry it from both ends.
- Serve the paratha with chatni (yogurt sauce)!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!