Pakistan – Delicious Gobi Paratha
By Ak Studio
A Paratha is a flatbread originated in Indian Subcontinent. Paratha is very popular dish in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and many more countries. Basically paratha is popular in all over Asia. Paratha is a word derived from word parat which means cooked layers of dough. Paratha can be pronounced in many ways. Sri Lankan called it faratha, Punjabis called it prontha. Bengali called it porota.
Gobi paratha is a stuffed pratha of gobi which is gobi and then fried in oil. It is unleavened flatbread. This dish is famous in Punjabi cuisine. This dish is eaten in Asia and Afghanistan. This is a mouth watering and finger licking dish. Gobi paratha is served with chutni (yogurt sauce), ketchup, salad and butter blob on top of it. It is traditionally meat dish of India and Paksitan. We can use chicken, mutton and beef to make these gobi parathas. Gobi is used to make a lot of dishes like samosas and many more dishes. Some people eat gobi paratha with cahi (tea).
Ingredients for gobi
- Cabbage = 400 grams
- Red chili (crushed) = 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Cumin seeds (crushed) = 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies (chopped) = 7-8
- Garlic (chopped) = 4 cloves
- Ginger garlic paste = 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds (crushed) = 1 and half teaspoon
- Garam masala powder = half teaspoon
- Fresh coriander (chopped) = half Cup
- Salt = half teaspoon or to taste
- Onion (chopped) = 1 medium
Ingredients for dough
- Sesame seeds = as required
- Milk = half Cup
- Water = half Cup
- Oil = 1 tablespoon
- Salt = 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour = 2 Cups
- Sugar = 1 teaspoon
- Egg = 1
- Baking powder = half teaspoon
- Butter = as required
- Instant yeast = 1 teaspoon
Procedure for gobi
- Take a chopper and add beef gobi in it and chop it well.
- Now take a bowl and add cumin seeds, gobi, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander seeds, red chili crushed, salt, green chilies, onion, garlic, fresh coriander
- Mix it well and set aside for some time.
Procedure for dough
- Take a small jug and add water, milk and mix it well.
- Now take a bowl and add (maida) all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, instant yeast, salt and it mix well.
- Add oil and egg in bowl and again mix it.
- Gradually add milk and water and mix well and knead until soft dough is made.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 1 and half hours.
- Knead the dough again and sprinkle all-purpose flour and knead until it becomes smooth.
- Now divide dough into 3 equal pieces.
- Take dough and make a ball and flatten the ball with the help of the hand palms.
- Add gobi stuffing in the center and seal the edges and shape dough into a ball.
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour and roll out with the help of rolling pin or roller.
- Brush the top of dough with milk. Sprinkle sesame seeds and add marks with the help of the hands.
- Now transfer the paratha (chapatti like object) to the foiled baking tray and bake in preheated at 180 C for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After baking, brush the top with butter and cut into four pieces.
- Now serve the gobi paratha with chatni (yogurt sauce) and lassi (yogurt drink).
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!