Pakistan, India – Traditional Aalu Methi (Fenugreek)
by Dexter Don
Today I’m here with a new recipe which is aalu methi which is also known as fenugreek leaves. This dish is a local cuisine of India, Pakistan, and many other Asian countries. This dish has become more famous due to its healthy benefits. Many people like to eat this dish because of its good taste. This dish is mostly eaten at lunchtime. Most parents want their children to eat healthy and tasty vegetables, so here is the recipe for one of those vegetables which is tasty as well as healthy. Aalu methi is easy to cook. Anyone can cook this diss. I would like you all to make this dish at home by following my recipe method.
Fenugreek derives from a Latin word faenum which means “greek hay”. It is mainly produced in India. So India is the biggest producer of this dish. Fenugreek is herb kind of dish. It is mostly cultivated in the near east.
These vegetable kind of dishes are so beneficial for the health. Following are the nutritional facts for this dish.
- Calories: 12.
- Carbohydrates: 2.16g.
- Total dietary fiber: 0.9g.
- Sodium: 2mg.
- Calcium: 7mg.
- Protien: 0.85g.
- Total fat: 0.24g.
- 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 kg Potatoes (cube)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 kg Fenugreek
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds Salt to taste
Steps To Make
- First of all, take 4 cups of water and pour it into a pan.
- Now add 1kg Fenugreek to it.
- Mix it well and boil it for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now take another pan and add some oil to it and after that add 1 cup chopped onion and cook it for some time until its color changes.
- Now add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste, 1 cup Tomatoes (chopped) into it, and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that add salt, 1 tsp Turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder, and mix it and cook it well for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Now add boiled Fenugreek in it and mix it for some time.
- After mixing it add 1/4 cup water and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 kg Potatoe, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 tsp Garam masala, 2 green chilies, and stir it well.
- Now cover the pan and cook it for 5 to 6 minutes on medium flame.
- remove the cover lid and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Your delicious Aalu methi is ready to serve.
You can serve this dish after it is completed. For garnishing you can add onions or green chili. I will suggest you to make this dish at home as it is good in taste and everyone likes to eat these kind of dishes.
You can serve this dish to 3-4 people. It can be served in 15 minutes. It’s cooking time is 40 minutes. You can serve this dish with chapati. As it is more likely to eat with chapatis.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!