Pakistan, India – Spicy Fish Curry
by Robina Shaheen
FISH CURRY INTRODUCTION
This is the dish, very popular in Pakistan especially in winters. The time of winters here, is very freezing so, people love to consume things that soothes the freezing body. Fish is the dish loved by most of the people in Pakistan. This is special dish from the Punjab area of Pakistan. The uses of the spices is humongous in the dishes of Punjab. Use of original authentic flavors giving the dish.
There are many varieties of fish dishes cooked in Pakistan:
- Crispy fried fish
- fish curry
- fish salan
- fish chunks
- finger crispy fish etc
Lahori Fish is very popular in Pakistan. Lahore is the city of Pakistan, the fish used to cooked here is loved by people of Pakistan. This fish is coated with the paste made up of gram flour with spices and some herbs. Then this fish is deep fried and served with its own yummy sauce.
ORIGIN OF THIS DISH
This dish is very popular in Punjab, Lahore. So it is said that this is originated from Lahore.
INGREDIENTS OF MAKING FISH CURRY
- FISH : 1 KG
- ONIONS : 2 LARGE
- GARLIC PASTE : 2 TBSP
- GINGER PASTE : 4 TBSP
- GREEN CHILI PASTE : 5 TBSP
- SALT : 1 TSP
- TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2 TSP
- RED CHILI POWDER : 1 TBSP
- CUMIN POWDER : 2 TBSP
- CORIANDER POWDER : 2 TBSP
- YOGURT : 2 CUPS
- OIL : 1 CUP
METHOD OF COOKING
Take fish, add salt with turmeric powder onto it. And let it rest for 20 minutes so that water is removed from the water. Now take warm oil and fry the fish until it get brown colored. Now keep it aside.
- Take oil into pot and add onions with garlic ginger paste and fry it.
- Now after 5 minutes, add water into it with all the dried spices.
- Let it set for 20 minutes, when they get soft add yogurt into it.
- Fry it for little and add fried fish into it.
- Let it keep on low heat and served.
TIME FOR FISH CURRY
- Preparation time : 10 minutes
- Cooking time : 30 minutes
- Total time : 40 minutes
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!