by Dexter Don
Bhindi gosht is the most common and most local cuisine of Pakistan and other Asian counties. This dish has many healthy advantages which I’ll tell you later. Many people like to eat this dish as it is a tasty dish and many people eat this dish just for healthy advantages of this dish. There are many ways of making this dish, but I’ve discussed the simplest and easiest way through which you’ll also be able to make it at your home. Bhindi gosht contains 3 main components, without these components this dish is incomplete. These components are Lady finger, Beef and chapatis. These are the main components who makes this dish a complete healthy and tasty dish. Bhindi gosht is also very famous among children due to its spicy taste. Many people all over the country like this dish, so I suggest you all who are reading this article, to make this dish at home and enjoy it in lunch time.
As I’ve discussed above that this is a tasty as well as healthy dish because it contains a large amount of lady finger, it has a great excess of beef and it is served with chapatis which also contains many nutrition. As we know that vegetables are very healthy for our body and it has many advantages, also beef fights against many diseases and helps to gain muscles and in the end chapatis give strength to the body and has many calories. So overall this is a complete nutritious dish.
There are many nutritional facts in this dish as this dish contains beef and also it is served with chapatis which itself contains nutrition. The nutrition which this dish includes are as follows:
- Protein: 3.6 gm
- Carbohydrates: 14 gm
- Fiber: 4 gm
- Energy: 83 calories.
History and Origin of this dish
Bhindi gosht is a famous dish of India and Pakistan and many other Asian countries. It is originated from India and people over there eat this dish from many years. Beef and mutton are the two favorite dishes of people of India and Pakistan. So in the past people likes to eat only bhindi with chapatis, but when people came across mutton and beef, then they cook bhindi with beef and mutton. So people nowadays likes to eat bhindi with mutton or beef because it adds taste and deliciousness in it. Bhindi was first grown in Eritrea and many other areas of Sudan. If we talk about Bhindi ( Lady finger ) alone it was originated from Savoy in 15th Century.
Taste in Pakistan
Bhindi Gosht is a tasty as well as healthy dish. People enjoy this dish with chapatis as it gives the best combination with chapatis. It is up to you , how much you like these kinds of dishes, like this is a spicy dish which tastes spicy, but if you eat less spicy food then you can add less amount pf red chilies. This is up to you. Bhindi gosht can be eaten in both ways.
When we talk about the traditional dishes of Pakistan, Bhindi comes first in our mind, as it is an old dish and everyone loves to eat it with chapatis. This dish is also offered in many traditional restaurants. There are many traditional dishes in Pakistan, but this dish(Bhindi Gosht) is very popular among them.
Serving is a very important part of every dish because may be the dish was superb but what if it is not served with right thing? Your all hardwork for that dish will be ruined. So you have to make sure that you are serving your dish with good things. Bhindi Gosht is a dish which is to be served with chapatis. Chapatis have a great nutrition and is healthy for the human body and health. So you should serve this dish with chapatis and enjoy it.
- ¼ Cup Oil
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ kg Beef
- ½ kg Ladyfinger
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Cloves
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 5-6 Black peppercorns
- 1 Black cardamom
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 medium sliced Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- ¾ Cup Water or as required
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Cups Water
- ¼ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbs chopped green coriander
Steps to make
- For making this dish first of all take a pot and add 1/4 cup oil, 2 bay leaves, 4 cloves, 5-6 black peppercorns, one black cardamom, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 medium onion in it and fry it until it gives golden brown color.
- After that add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste in it and mix it well.
- After mixing it now add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp red chili powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, and 1/4 cup water in it and then mix it well and cook it for 2 minutes.
- After that add 1/2 kg beef, 2 cups of water in it, and again mix it well.
- Add 1 tsp salt in it and cover it with a lid and cook it for 1 hour until the meat becomes soften.
- Now add 1/2 kg ladyfinger, 3-4 cups water in it and mix it well and again cook it for 15 minutes on low flame.
- After cooking it for 15 minutes add 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp green coriander in it.
- And your delicious bhindi gosht is ready to serve.
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes
Serving Time:10-15 minutes
Preparing Time: 25-30 minutes
Serve: 5-6 persons with chapatis
Taste: Spicy in taste.
Cooking level: Moderate
Cuisine: Asian Cuisine