by Muhammad Reshaeel
Bhindi which is also called as lady finger and okra is the most popular local cuisine in Asian countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh. Bhindi is tasty in taste as well as it is a healthy dish. Most people like this dish because of it’s good taste. Many desi restaurants in Pakistan and India offer this delicious local cuisine. There are many ways of making this dish. Mine is discussed below.
This is a delicious as well as healthy dish. It contains many nutrition which are discussed below:
- It contains 33 g calories
- 2 g of protein
- 0 g Fats
- and 3 g of Fiber
- Bhindi/Okra 1/2 kg
- Onion- Sliced 2
- Garlic- Chopped 1 tbs
- Green chilies 4-5
- Tomatoes Chopped 2-3
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp or to taste
- Haldee/ Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dhania/Coriander powder 1/2tsp
- Zeera/Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lal mirch/Red chilli powder- 1 tsp or to taste
- Lemon juice 1-2 tbs
- Qasuri methi- 1/4 tsp
- Hari mirch powder (Green chilies) 1tbsp
- Podina/Mint leaves
- Hara dhania/Green coriander
- Oil 3-4 tbsp
- Take a cooking pot, add oil in it and heat on low flame for 1-2 minutes. Put in okra/bhindi and fry for 4-5 minutes then set them aside.
- Put in oil in another cooking pot, add zeera/cumin powder and add sliced onion after few seconds. Fry until they’re translucent.
- Now add garlic and green chili paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric/haldi powder, dhania/coriander powder,cumin powder, red chili powder and mix well until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the previously fried okra/bhindi in the masala and mix them together..
- Add qasuri methi, green chilies, podina/mint leaves, hara dhania/green coriander and lemon juice.
- Let it settle.
- Bhindi masala is ready to serve!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serve people: 4