Pakistan, India, Bangladesh – Cow Tail (Dum)
by Hania Ahmed
PUNJABI TRADITIONAL CUISINE
All the dish which is introduced by the Punjabi is special due to their most favorite ingredient called “ DESI GHEE”. Desi ghee is one the most special and famous ingredients which are used by all the Punjabis, they can’t be made anything without this ingredient. According to them, desi ghee is one of the healthiest ingredients to eat, that’s even true, so they just use it in every dish as well as on the roti or making paratha.
Cow tail is just a rare dish which is made by Pakistanis, they can’t leave anything of a cow. Whenever they sacrifice cow on Eid-ul-azha, they made it with a very unique style. It may look awkward or strange to eat but this is a very tasty dish.
- Preparation time : 20 minutes
- Cooking time : 45 minutes
- Total time : 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Carbohydrates : 140
- Fats : 4 grams
- Protein : 6%
You can serve this dish with roti
- Garlic naan
- Khameeri roti
It mayy serve it with rice
- Boiled rice
- Tarkay wali rice
- Zeera rice
- Salads of vegetables
- Yogurt simple
- Cow tail
- Onions: 2
- Tomatoes : 2
- Cumin seeds : 1 tbs
- Coriander powder : 1 tbs
- Red chilies : 1 tbs
- Green chilies : 3
- Salt : 1 1/2 tbs
- Black pepper : half tbs
- Coriander leaves
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
- First for making masala, take a pan, add oil to it and leave it over a medium flame.
- Chopped the onions and tomatoes in the bowl.
- Add onions for the first time into the heated oil and then fry them until its color change to brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste to it.
- When its color becomes light brown then add tomatoes and water to it.
- When you just boiled it nicely, and your masala is ready then add 1 tbs of yogurt to it.
- Now add the tail of the cow and water about to 4 glass.
- Leave it on a low flame to cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now your dish is ready to eat.
CUISINE : PAKISTANI, ASIAN
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
SERVING : 6 PEOPLE
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!